“Just an ok stay!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Just an ok stay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My daughter absolutely loves hotels, so it's nothing to get a room on the other side of town just to please her. We booked the room the same day (about 11am) and was told check in will be at 3:00 pm...cool! We had a movie date at 4:00 pm which was minutes away. Sooooo 3pm rolls around and we are told the room is not ready... no rooms are ready for check-in. Using my patience, I said ok. However, others came in after us and checked into their rooms without any hassle or being told "your room is not ready yet." Long review short, the room was not ready until 4 pm. I asked for a supervisor (none available). I asked to speak to someone in charge (none available). Needless to say, my attitude changed from thrilled to disgusted. The excuse was "we had large parties and the hotel sold out last night and tonight". My point was this is a hotel chain, are you not prepared to handle such business...Nevertheless, the stay overall was just ok. We receieved calls about noise coming from our room. And at the time, we just walked into the room from our night out. Just an awful experience! The pool area is small but it was just enough to please my daugther and it was not too busy with guests the time we went. The full breakfast buffett was a great assest and the location is perfect...only minutes from everything. The beds are just ok and the television was outdated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call the hotel and ask for me to discuss further. Thank you and once again I am truly sorry for your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cape Fear, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Being that I would considered myself a Country Inn Suites Veteran. I am able to make this review without prejudice clear and satisfactory. The rooms are just as nice as any CIS hotel. Zane gets the job done. Any problem ask Zane. I must of lost my room key about 3 times and it was no problem for Zane. The hotel is central to many shopping and restaurant locations. It also is minutes from many historical sites and museums.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this location and it was very nice. Pam at the front desk was nice and accommodating,thanks for your good customer service. The room was nice, although it was close to the elevator it was quiet, a King suite with comfortable rest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. Next time we will try to get you away from that elevator. Thank you again.
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have never had a reservation, and arrived to the Hotel, and they give my room away to the guy in front of me when checking in. What an experience when traveling with your family. I had just drove from NY to VA and just couldn't drive anymore. That was the worst ever.

Room Tip: I'm unable to write anything to help in a situation as this.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Colleen J
niravdpatel26, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel directly so I can assist you further.
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is nice we got the hot tub in the room. There pool is nice size and private; they have a small weight room. The place is off from all the main traffic but located very close to the exit on 64. Very close to the hospital. We found it very relaxing and the beds were extremely comfortable. Enjoyed this stay very much. Very romantic, relaxing and fun it just fits what ever reason you are there. Enjoy

Room Tip: The rooms are inside entry not outside. Which I always feel safer. Any location is good. I also li...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen A
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate it and I will glady share this with my staff. Thank you.
Smithfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My recent stay at this horel was by far my worst lodging stay ever and I travel on a regular basis. I had the unfortunate experience of having the same young lady check me in and out. I believe her name was Pat or Pam it was apparrent that she is dealing with a sustance abuse problem I say this because I could clearly detect the odor of stale liquor from the other side if the desk and her slurred speech was a clear indication of an underlying problem. I should have known that if management allowed this to be their guest first impression it would only get worst, and as I expected it did. The room was obviously cleaned to the minimum of requirements. I was greeted by a stale odor, poorly vacuumed floor, fingerprints on mirrors, urine stains around the toilet, Thankfuly I travel with some cleaning products due to previous bad experiences. Breakfast contained outdated milk, stale danish and and elderly lady that gave me the impression that I had interrupted her day when I asked for fresh milk. For these and a few other reasons I will look for lodging where they leave the light on for there guest the next time I travel to Hampton I suggest that you do the same.

Room Tip: Not at this location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Bonita C
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss this matter further. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

From Pam at the desk to Peggy at breakfast to Sharon in housekeeping,it was the staff that made this trip a joy. Their desire to help, to be cheerful and to do their jobs well made this stay a great one. For me the bed was a bit hard bit all else was fine...a good stay at a reasonable price with a great staff!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple