“Appalling”

Ranked #4 of 309 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The manager who spoke to my wife (Bobby) better have lost his job tonight. I will NOT tolerate anyone speaking down to my wife or the rest of the bridal party that was there trying to have a rehearsal dinner. After Two and a half hours of waiting and no table the bride asked to be seated in seperate tables because her family had driven 12 hours for the wedding and they just wanted to eat. When my wife and I spotted a table next to the large table (that would accommodate the entire wedding party) he has the audacity to tell us someone else was waiting for the table at the bar. This table was not special, and even the bartender said it was rediculous how long we were waiting. After I called over the bus boy to clean the table (politely) Bobby comes over and tells us it's not available for us and we can sit at the table he reserved for us (accross the entire restaurant). My wife asked why was it a problem and his exact words were "I don't have a crystal ball to know what tables will open" REALLY?!?! What's with the attitude? He then proceeded to talk to us like we were off the street. We will never eat there and I would suggest Bobby watches his back. Nobody will speak to my wife that way. Ever.

If you cannot accommodate a party of 15, then say so when the party calls ahead weeks in advance, and even when they check in. I was in the restaurant business for 4 years, it's not complicated. All of the wedding party were managers in different fields who specialize in customer service, this was the worst experience I've had in a restaurant.

5  Thank Ryanrmp

Reviewed August 7, 2012

To be honest we just took a stab in the dark and Surfrider turned out to be a great choice. We had no wait on a Tuesday evening. The service was great and the food was quick and fresh; pretty good considering there were two groups of 12+ people each. The crab cakes were full of meat. Their soup d'jour (scallop bacon) was phenomenal. Seating is pretty open but they have a smaller area in the back that might give you a "date feel." Kids would be no problem. I would definitely recommend Surfrider for good, fresh seafood in Hampton that won't break the bank.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is one of the places where we locals go for seafood. They always have specials which include fresh local catches and they usually dish out large portions. I have been coming here for years.

1  Thank amandao337
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Best crabcke I've had so far. Meaty with lots of meat and little if any filler. Tasty and filling. Don't forget the broccoli with sauce. One of my all time favorites

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The crabcakes at this place are some of the best in the area-if not THE best. Pirces are very reasonable

Been to Surf Rider Restaurant? Share your experiences!