Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Newport News, Virginia
“Real Nice Hotel”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

It was a nice hotel! Great views from inside the hotel. It has a 10 story atrium with great views if you are looking down from the upper floors! Has a nice indoor clean pool. I wish the pool was warmer. I enjoyed the hot tub. I enjoyed the evening snack time at 6 pm.The breakfast was nice and filled up me and my family. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2013
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear tmartin72,

Thank you for your positive review! It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay especially our complimentary breakfast each morning and our evening reception from 5:30-7:30pm. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Saint Clair Shores, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you book this hotel for a concert, be ready for the riot police. I've come here twice and they seem to have the cops on speed dial. I'd avoid this hotel. They had 4+ security personnel on every floor and constantly pushed the guests into their rooms. After a while, they just called the police and had them sweep each floor. I've never been threatened more times in my life.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry we disagree. We want people to have a good time but due to the loud yelling after midnight we had to be considerate of non-concert guests in our hotet. At 3 am, under any conditions, there is no need for any hotel guest to stand in the atrium and yell back and forth.

I feel the hotel team did a great job in trying to accommodate the concert guests and the non-concert guests. I regret that you do not feel it is appropriate for the other guests to expect a certain level of control after midnight.

Upon check out on Sunday morning, I received thanks from many of the concerned guests. I also received numerous complaints from other guests about noise level. I had guests state we didn't do enough to control the noise and crowds and that we needed more security.

We appreciate all of our guests and will continue to try our best to provide everyone with a great experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerley,
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 29, 2013

All of my stays at this hotel are very home oriented, relaxing, classy and excellent services. Embassy Suites is the only hotel I even consider when I travel to the Tidewater area. I always recommend it to others who travel to this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Janet B,

Thank you for your positive review. It was nice to hear you find our hotel to be a relaxing place to stay during your visits to Hampton Roads. We appreciate your recommendations to other travelers and hope to see you again soon for your next stay!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I always stay here when visiting the family for Christmas however last year I veered away to a new a Hilton Garden Inn just down the street ,however I returned back here cause it's the best the city has to offer !
Besides during this time of year it's very quiet and I can rest easy.
The rooms are very colorful but clean ,housekeeping is minimal during dec 24-25 which is ok so they everyone has to to spend with family.
I have never eaten here but it is convenient having a Starbucks on site !
The front desk is pleasant as well
Great pool and hot tub too!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Darryl M,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience! We are glad you chose to return to the Embassy Suites for your Christmas visit to Hampton. It was nice to hear you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer including our Caffeina's Marketplace serving Starbucks coffee. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next year!

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Would stay again. Too bad they charge for internet. There are lots of restaurants and bars around hotel for food and fun. The breakfast is always one of the best around for hotel chains. They do have a nice indoor pool

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Funknight,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and location to surrounding attractions and restaurants and we look forward to to your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Cooper City
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and convenient to everything. There is a nice mall close by. Lots of dining choice. 15 minutes to Williamsburg and Norfolk. Really enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear JAMIE W,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience! It was nice to hear you found our hotel to be well maintained and in close proximity to local area attractions. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here one night for business travel. Embassy is one of my favorite brands and sometimes it's hit & miss but not this property. The service, food, location, and rooms were great. The bed was very comfortable and the property overall is a good value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Gwopilot,

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay here including the quality of our service and food. We look forward to your next visit to Hampton, Virginia!