Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Embassy Suites Hampton and overall our stay was very nice.

Here are a few things that you can expect:

- Convenient location (near plenty of shops, food, and major routes)
- A beautiful modern Lobby
- Friendly staff
- A comfortable bed w/clean sheets (no bed bugs)
- Plenty of hot water and clean towels
- A nice complimentary hot breakfast and clean eating area
- A nice complimentary evening reception (for both adults and children)

Here are a few things that you should not expect:

- Free internet
- Thorough housekeeping (lack of cleaning)
- Quiet pool time (unless after 9pm)

Again, the overall stay was pretty good...as long as you are okay with the few inconveniences above.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear MrsTii,

Thank you for your positive review of the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads! It is nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We were glad to hear that you found our location convenient to local attractions and that you had a great experience at our complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I am concerned that your expectations were not met by our housekeeping department so I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Hampton, Virginia!

Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay and Embassy Suites. Our check-in with Kris was fast and informative. Our room was clean and spacious which comfortably accommodated the 5 of us.
One teeny weeny issue that I had was my trash cans did not have trash bags in them (even after housekeeping). The bathroom was clean with a modern feel and plenty of counter space.

The complimentary breakfast was great and had a variety of items to choose from (fruit, cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, french toast, bagels, and .cook-to-order too)!
The evening reception was a nice touch!

We used the indoor pool, which was clean and warm. I used the fitness center (which is accessible 24/7 - A+) We used the Business Center to receive a fax and print.

The grounds are well kept and the landscaping was pleasing to the eye.

The location is convenient to EVERYTHING! Shopping, eating, Boo Williams Sportsplex....it's all within a 5-10 min drive!

The reason I did not rate Embassy Suites 5 stars is because there's NO FREE WI-FI!
Wi-Fi is $9.95 for 24 hours of access. Free Wi-fi is extremely important to me and is at the top of my list when considering a hotel.

My overall experience was excellent! Good job Embassy Suites!

Dear MrsDink,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We were pleased to hear that our front desk agent provided you with an excellent check-in experience and that you enjoyed many of the amenities here. The trashcans without bags were a brand standard for awhile but we will share your feedback with our housekeeping department. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you back in Hampton again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This property is conveniently located walking distance from the Hampton Coliseum. Each Memorial Day weekend, there is usually a carnival in the parking lot across the from the hotel that is also within walking distance. Overall, the front desk staff seemed nonchalant and preoccupied. The front desk staff member that checked me in treated me as if I was a distraction from her conversation with another employee. When I returned to the desk to ask for additional towels, the employee dryly asked how many, retrieved the towels, and handed them to me. There was no, "Just a moment," "Sure," "Gladly," "Be back shortly," or "Here you are," or the slightest smile. On another note, the breakfast staff was awesome! They were friendly and helpful. I felt like a valued customer. The complimentary breakfast exceeds expectations when compared to the average complimentary breakfast. There are a variety of hot and cooked to order breakfast items. This is a great hotel to visit with your family, couples, friends, or business!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear MsPearl105,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! We were pleased to hear that our breakfast staff exceeded your expectations and made you feel like the valued customer that you are. We were disappointed to find out that you weren't met with the same level of service by our front desk team. I will be sure to work with them to improve based upon the feedback you provided us. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Hampton, Virginia soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, in a very convenient location. Not far from shops, restaurants and VA beach is only about 30-40 miles away! The inclusive breakfast is awesome, with lots of variety! My only problem is that I was given a room that was already occupied, but the hotel did comp my room for the night, so I was satisfied. All in all, this is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again and would reccommend this hotel to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and review of your recent visit to our hotel. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially the variety of our complimentary breakfast. We are glad that our team was able to resolve the issue you encountered to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments and recommendations, and we look forward to your next visit to Hampton!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

close to hwy, VABeach and Williamsburg and next to Hampton Colosium, good location and good value with full breakfast. Clean room, large reception area. Room was spacious, convenience of ref and microwave.

Dear 88hanman,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and enjoyed the many amenities we have here, and we hope to see you again soon for your next visit to Hampton, Virginia!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

THe hotel was very clean, complimentry breakfast and happy hour was awesome. Checked out of this location early to go to a less expensive hotel in the area and that is what we recieved a low expierence. I would stay at this hotel any day and when visiting this area in the future will opt not to go to another location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Katoria T,

We appreciate your positive review of our hotel and are glad you had a great experience here. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening reception. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to family, friends and co-workers. It is well located in Hampton Virginia with easy access to Williamsburg, Virginiai Beach and Norfolk. The hotel is well maintained with a very friendly staff. The level of service is excellent. I've stayed at this hotel twice and will stay there again. I only live 30 miles or 40 minutes away, but I find this hotel is convenience and fun to stay in when I have things I want to do in the Hampton area.

Dear Susan P,

Thank you for posting your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your visit especially the convenient location and level of service. Thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon!