Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I know I just reviewed the Embassy Suites last spring, but I once again stayed at this property during a business trip to the area and I was once again very pleased. In fact, I recommended the Embassy Suites to two other colleagues who were travelling for the same set of business meetings and they both agreed that this was a great choice. Service has been consistently high and the staff is always helpful and friendly. The amenities like the fitness center and business center are in great shape. The free breakfast buffet and the evening reception are excellent additions…great way to start and end the day.

In my previous review I indicated that I could not get service on my AT&T phone in my room; no issues this trip.

Overall, I find that the Embassy Suites provides a great value; an outstanding location for my needs (close to dining, shopping and my business interests) and the rooms are great. The suite layout just provides a roomy and comfortable environment. Having a living room/office that is not in the sleeping area is just makes for a nice layout and is more relaxing for me. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear OhioHick,

We were delighted to hear you had another great stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our suites as well as the amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your recommendations to your colleagues and are glad they too enjoyed their stays. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Hampton, Virginia.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just spend time at the hotel, and was very clean and enjoyed the manager's happy hour for two hours which was great and will come back. Hopefully willbe back in December before the christmas holiday

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear tony j,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center, and we look forward to your next stay with us in December.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel with rooms overlooking lobby from balconies. The managers special reception from 5:30 to 7:30 offers complimentary drinks and snacks. Our room as you walk into it is a sitting area with an office area and large tv. A/c was very quiet. The mini bar area in the sitting room had teas, coffees and a mini coffee pot which served 2 cups quickly. There was a door leading into our bedroom for privacy from the sitting room. Another tv was in the bedroom. Shower was good and bathroom was clean and large. All the rooms were very clean and bed was comfortable. Hotel staff were friendly. Breakfast buffet was free and good. The only negative was having to pay for internet which cost $9.95 for a 24 hour period.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Deliastravels,

We were delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your two-room suite and the amenities accompanying it. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was attending a conference at the Virginia Embassy and even though I arrived at the hotel at 11 am prior to the 3 pm check-in time, I did not get my room until 7 pm. I was told several time that my room would be read at 4, 4:30, 5, 5:30, 6, 6:30 and 7 until they finally got it right. Other people were still waiting at that late time to get their room. I think the staff was not prepared to hold a conference for over 300 students and staff. It also could of been that they had to much going on for one because they had a wedding and also a church conference going but I have been to other hotels and they have had multiply events going on and have been able to accommodate everyone in a timely order. Also they don't have anyone to that is technically sound to be able to help in their business center. The only thing that saved this hotel was not having to talk to the front desk because they all seemed stressed and overwhelmed when you talked to was when I finally got in my room 8 hours later It was nice, they had a nice bar area, and the breakfast was very good. Last thing the internet is HORRIBLE and in order get free internet you had to go to the convention next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear deontec,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the timeliness of service during higher traffic periods have been addressed. Your feedback will definitely help us to prepare the next time we have large groups at our property. Additionally, we have expanded the Internet service bandwith so that you will have a better Internet experience. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel itself was clean. I have two issues with this hotel. Customer service is horrible. I had the pleasure of being stuck in the elevator for ten minutes during my stay. The response was quick as far as the engineer being able to get the door open once he arrived but at no time did anyone ask if I was ok. I also have a issue with breakfast when I checked in I was not asked how many people would be staying in my room. Imagine my surprise when my boyfriend and I went to have breakfast the next morning and was told we needed a ticket which I had no clue about. We ended up going out to eat. This stay was a weekend getaway for my boyfriends birthday. I would have rather stayed at home.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ebony06
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Ebony06,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. Our standard is to cover the need for breakfast tickets at checkin. I apologize if this wasn’t done and will follow up with the team. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us to continue to do so. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Staff at check in was aloof and impersonal. I did not feel welcome. Later that evening I went to the desk to ask a question, stood 15 minutes behind someone trying to pay for a movie, and then the staff person told someone who just approached that they would be with them in a moment. Was I invisible??
I was very concerned after I read the following Notice on the elevator. I was not given this info when I checked in, but later picked up a copy from the front desk. “. . . we will be performing maintenance on all of the bathtubs in the hotel. Starting on Sunday, August 26th through September 5th, a maintenance person may need to enter your suite to work on the bath tub. This work will be done between the hours of 8:30 am through 6:00 pm. During this time, any “Do Not Disturb” signs will not be honored so the procedure can be completed. The process in each suite should take no longer than 30 minutes but the tub may not be able to be used for several hours afterwards. A note will be left advising you of the time necessary for the tub to cure . . .” Oookkaaay!! Please note that the Notice stated ‘Do Not Disturb will NOT be honored', and the tub may NOT be used for SEVERAL HOURS! I was on a tight time schedule and fortunately they did not enter my room. It was Labor Day weekend - probably not a smart business move and could have created problems. The room were clean and the beds (doubles not queens) were comfortable. Many other locations have a sink with mirror in the bedroom, this room did not.
The Omelet line was extremely long and slow, then order was given to the wrong person so I had to wait even longer. It was hard to find a seat, the plates and trays were never removed from the tables but the food was great. I have stayed here before with no problems. Would I stay here again? Hard to say, I did not feel as if my business was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vn2win
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Vn2win,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We do appreciate your business and are glad you found your suite to be clean and comfortable.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. I apologize if you experienced an inconvenience due to our maintenence department needing access to guest rooms. The letter did also state that if you had any concerns to please contact the front desk, who made many accomodations for guests. The letter was just to let people know that if anyone had a "Do Not Disturb" we would knock and enter. I apologize if the letter was not effectively communicated and we will take your comments into consideration for any future maintenence requirements. Thank you also for your feedback regarding our front desk. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team members.

If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our hotel please e-mail us at phfcc_gm@hilton.com.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is about my sixth stay here, and I've liked it every time. The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. Very convenient to the convention center. You can have either a cooked to order breakfast or fill up and the buffet if there's a line for the cook. Manager's reception is always nice to have. The only thing keeping this from 5 dots is the expensive and slow (for the money) internet. If you don't have status, you'll pay about $10 a day. For that money you should get blistering speeds but you only get a 1 or 2 mbps. Aside from the internet, an excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors less exposed to lobby noise. And try to stay away from rooms next to the elevators.