“Very comfortable, great breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is about my sixth stay here, and I've liked it every time. The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. Very convenient to the convention center. You can have either a cooked to order breakfast or fill up and the buffet if there's a line for the cook. Manager's reception is always nice to have. The only thing keeping this from 5 dots is the expensive and slow (for the money) internet. If you don't have status, you'll pay about $10 a day. For that money you should get blistering speeds but you only get a 1 or 2 mbps. Aside from the internet, an excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors less exposed to lobby noise. And try to stay away from rooms next to the elevators.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear mikedief,

We were delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and Manager's Reception. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very helpful. This hotel is nicely located (adjacent to the coliseum), also easy access to route 64/664. Lots of shopping and eating options close by. This property definitely stands up to what I have come to expect at an Embassy Suites. The nightly managers reception offering free drinks and snacks, and a well stocked breakfast buffet with the oppurtunity to get eggs/omlet to order. Will stay here again when I am in the area.

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center and we hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my worst stay here ever. I have stayed here before and it seemed better. There were bed bugs everywhere. The mattress encasements do not hide them. I told the supervisor and the front desk and they said we have been having that problem. The GM has got to be terrified. I would advise the GM to look for another job. I had to women cleaning my room together and they both smelled terrible and left the room untidy. This hotel needs new management bad. When was the last inspection???Scary Place!!!!

Room Tip: Bring your black light and inspect your room yourself. Bring deodorizer.
6  Thank Scott278
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Scott278,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. Please check your messages as I will be sending you my office number so that you may contact me. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so we may learn more about your experience to resolve any issues. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was booked here to be close to the convention center. It was very convenient especially since it had a covered walkway.
The 10th floor shows a beautiful view both inside and out. Clean rooms, sweet smelling sheets, fat pillows, huge bathroom, full breakfast bar. Fitness room was minimal, but adequate.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear kim r,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Hampton, VA.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed for two nights at this hotel. My view was not so good, I had 3rd floor and it overlooked fan things. Had problem with booking, complained, but nothing happened. So fine, but the room had nothing in the mini bar, there is no mini bar. Just an empty fridge, not sure why it's there. The breakfast is just like normal breakfast, but it gets really crowded, so make sure you go early.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors and facing out to the coliseum
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank minty77
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear minty77,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. While we do not provide a mini bar, we do have a fridge in the suite which guests can use to keep their items cold. I do apologize for the issue you encountered with your booking. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an e-mail to PHFCC_GM@hilton.com so we may address it with you directly. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is close to the convention center. It was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find a king bed. It was very large and not like the newer smaller beds hotels are using these days. Our corner room had a very nice view. Book a corner room if you can. They have large picture windows. The bathrooms were huge for a hotel room. There was was sink in the bathroom and one right outside the bathroom so 2 people can get washed up at the same time. That was a nice touch. Do make sure you carry your manager reception/breakfast pass with you. They do check every time. I don't know if they have had problems with non hotel guests trying to enter but they do check the dates and the number of people in your group. The last few Embassys I stayed in , I kept it with me but it was never checked. Breakfast was nice. I would have given this hotel a 5 rating but I did not because internet access was 10 dollars a day. I have stayed at cheaper hotels where it was free. I would rather see them charge a little more and include it in the cost of the hotel room. I needed to check my e-mail less than 10 minutes a day. The price was not worth it. Yes they did have internet access at their 2 computers down stairs, but I did not want to wait to use it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, they are much larger with a large windows
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beckyone
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Beckyone,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We are very happy to know that our King Corner Suite exceeded your expectations and provided you with comfortable accomodations during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my third time at this hotel. Everything about this hotel is excellent. Good location, nice amenities, great staff, and excellent service all around. The rooms are spacious and clean. One small drawback was the AC unit takes sometime to get your room cooled. Overall, we had another great stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BBTOGS

Dear BBTOGS,

We were delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.