“Beautiful Hotel with Great Food”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful Hotel with Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, decorated very nicely; in a nice area close to shopping and several restauarants and connected to the convention center/ coliseum if you are in Hampton for an event of some type. Customer service is decent, I have had better and I have had worst, not much to brag about there. The rooms are nice, modern feel, extremelly comfortable beds! The breakfast if really good with a great selection and the onsite restaurant has great food as well. Overall a good experience and would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Freetoy,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments about the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We are happy to know you had a wonderful stay here, especially our breakfast and restaurant selections! We just updated all of the bedding at our hotel so we are glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your comments regarding the customer service you experienced. As a management team we review all comments and share them with our staff so that we may improve our services. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you here again in the near future!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hampton/Convention Center the weekend of Oct, 14th and have to say I was truly/duly impressed. From my first impression upon entering the lobby to the modenr decor (although the property is over 6 years old), to the spaciousness my room, I cannot say enough about this property.

The nightly Manager's Reception was decent, with the "Open Bar", (kudos on the Rum Punch!), making up for the lack of variety offered by the appetizers, (mainly veggies & dip along with tortillas and salsa). Although I didn't partake in the cooked-to-order omlets on Sat. & Sun., the rest of the breakfast menu was beyond my expectations (the food was just that good!) While there, I was also able to partake in a facial offered by the on-site spa (Spa Botanica), and have to say that it was one of the best experiences (but again, as that was the first time I'd had a facial at a spa, I may be a bit biased!)

Outside of a negative interaction, (the tech was very rude/abrupt/condescending), with their tech support when I had to call because my paid internet connection was not working correctly, (which the hotel promptly credited me for when I called down to the front desk to complain); and the less than positive service at the Grille, (which had more to do with them being short staffed - but still, do yourself a favor and do NOT order the Chicken Caesar salad! The chicken was D-R-Y!), I would recommend this property to anyone staying in the area.

I have to give kudos to:
- the front desk staff - always greeted me with a smile;
- the concierge - always friendly and willing to assist;
- the housekeeping staff - especially the young lady who was assigned to my floor on Saturday who came back to clean my room without hesitation, although she was almost done, (I had neglected to remove my "DO NOT DISTURB" sign from my room door)
- the spa staff - answered my questions, took time to show me around the spa, & just made me feel welcomed/relaxed
- the sales staff - especially S. Klym and N. Christian, (thank you!)

The minor negatives do not outweigh the positives and I am planning on returning again - soon!

Room Tip: My suite was on the 8th floor - never had to worry about hearing any of the 'noise' from tho...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Dejanique,

We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. It was nice to hear so many of our departments exceeded your expectations to give you a wonderful experience.

I do apologize for the negative interaction you had regarding the Internet connection. Be assured that we will pass on your comments to the appropriate personnel so we may improve our services in that area.

Thank you for posting your feedback and comments and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Hampton to visit our daughter's family, including our 5 year old grandson who stayed with us for two of the nights. While the overall atmosphere of the hotel was on par with other Embassy Suites, the overall stay was not what we expected.

The made to order breakfasts were consistenty burned and the room cleaning services left a lot to be desired. The cleaning crew did not take the time to vaccum the room as we found the same dirt/trash on the floor multiple days.

The worst experience was when my wife, daughter and grandson were threatened and intimidated by a group of teenagers while trying to swim. For a supposed 'upscale' hotel, this kind of experience is completely unexceptable and left a bitter taste for this particular Embassy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear jlcmac2001,

Thank you for your time in posting your comments regarding your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the overall atmosphere of our hotel.

I reviewed your comments about your recent stay here. I do apologize for the negative experiences you encountered. I would like to learn more about how our team responded when you reported your concerns about the cook and housekeeping services. Likewise, if you reported the unfortunate encounter with the group of teenagers, how did our team members respond? As a management team we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. We are constantly striving to improve our services so each guest has a pleasant stay.

Please contact us directly at PHFCC_GM@hilton.com so that we can learn more from you in an effort to improve our services. Again, thank you for posting your feedback and comments.
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

First of all let me say that I was staying here for an anime convention two years ago. That being said, I LOVED the stay. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. The beds were soft and warm. I had brought a quilt that my Grandmother had made (I am a college student and don't own a lot of bedding myself) because I was concerned about being cold as I do get often. Flash forward to getting home. Couldn't find my quilt. After a few terrified calls up to the hotel thinking maybe I left it, the head of housekeeping called and said it had gotten mixed up with some sheets and they would be happy to send it to me. This was amazing. The service was amazing.
Also, it was connected to the convention center. That was AWESOME. The decor was beautiful. I do travel a lot with family but this is one of the nicest hotels I've been to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear CattZen,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa and Convention Center. It is nice to hear that our housekeeping department exceeded your expectations. They work especially hard to ensure you have excellent service. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites this past weekend, we were there visiting our son at Hampton University. I got a great deal on Priceline.com and was looking forward to staying in a "upscale" hotel. We have stayed in many nice hotels all over the country and when I went online and looked at the reviews for the Embassy suites I was sure this would suite our taste and meet our expectations. Well I was wrong. Although the Decor of the hotel was very nice, and the Buffett Breakfast was a welcome and tasteful pleasure, the service was horrible.

Our first night we ordered room service, and was excited about the choices in the "IN ROOM" menu..well when our food arrived it was not what we ordered. We called down to the restaurant and was told that the menu in the room was OUTDATED. Well if that was the case how come the hotel has not replaced the menu, or how come the waiter did not advice of this when we phoned. After dinner, as we were getting ready for bed and turned back the covers we found that the sheets on the bed were FILTHY. There was a lot of black stuff on the sheets, hair, and spots. We called downstairs to have someone come and change the sheets and when the knock came at the door the staff person "handed" me the sheets and said good night. Seriously??? She never offered to come in and change the sheets...if i wanted to change the sheets on the bed I would have brought my own sheets from home.

Then when my husband went to take a shower, we found that the tub did not drain and he was standing in "bath water"...we called the front desk to have someone fix it, they person showed up went in the bathroom stayed 2 minutes came out said it was fixed and it was not.

The next morning we went downstairs to the front office to tell them of our concerns and they just looked at us like "OK WELL???" there was no apology, no effort to accommodate us or anything. Needless to say I was very disappointed with this stay and will probably not be returning to this hotel. I know Embassy suites is no Ritz Carlton (which none of this would have ever happene), but I was expecting the same level of customer service

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MonicD
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear MonicD,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the decor of our hotel and the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service and inconveniences with your room that you experienced during your stay. As a management team we review all comments and share them with our team so we may resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an e-mail to PHFCC_GM@hilton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very nice and clean hotel...friendly staff and good breakfast with a lot of choices...had a nice suite overlooking the Hampton Coliseum..Really nice property overall....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Ivan T,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

First off, I love the Embassy Suites. That said, I didn't like the per-device charge for Internet usage. I have 3 devices, a laptop, an iPad and my cell phone. I'm sure you can do the math.
I was supposed to stay there for a whole week recently, but I checked out when I found out about the charges after spending one night and went to the HGI in Suffolk.
I recently stayed at another Embassy Suites in OK and they didn't have the per-device charges, not sure why this one does.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Ponceno1969,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads - Hotel, Spa & Convention Center. We are sorry to hear that you left our hotel because of the Internet charge. Unfortunately our system is configured to charge per IP address which is why all three of your devices were charged. If you speak with our agents at the Front Desk, they can adjust the charge so it reflects only one device. We truly hope you give us another chance the next time you are in Hampton so you can enjoy the other amenities we have to offer, such as our cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's Reception. We value your feedback and your patronage. Thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Candlewood Suites - Hampton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Address: 1700 Coliseum Dr, Hampton, VA 23666-4294
Location: United States > Virginia > Hampton
#3 Family Hotel in Hampton
#3 Business Hotel in Hampton
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hampton Rd Convention Ctr Hotel Hampton