“Finally open.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Finally open.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed a nice early evening dinner with a wonderful view. I do not understand the previous
reviews. Yes, this place is new but the "paper" menu had some great dishes to try. My husband had the fried oysters and I had the crab cake meal. . We were quite pleased. The slaw tasted great and so did the mac and lobster as well as the Kale and hushpuppies. Calling this food nasty is an insult and this review should not have been written. Also the drive from Mercury Blvd. is maybe 15 min. and yes, it gets dark at night. The road is just fine and marked well. There are several speed bumps on the way and you have to watch your speed.
The service was outstanding and our waitress, the manager and even the chef greeted us and spend time at our table.
We anxiously awaited the opening of the grill and look forward to our next meal and the grand opening.
I certify that this is my own review since I do not even know the owner.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 2muchfun4us

Hampton, Virginia
“Getting Better Every Day!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just had the MOST AMAZING salmon at Grandview tonight. Only one comment - when you can make a sauce like that, you've got to share! It needs to last as long as that amazing salmon. I get that presentation doesn't lend itself to swimming in sauce. But I NEED MORE! Next time!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maureen23669
Hampton, Virginia
“Beautiful View, food not great”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went for a late lunch today for my friend's birthday. I understand they've just opened, they should have waited until they had a real menu - this was a simple piece of paper with just a few choices. We were disappointed but decided we couldn't go wrong with a couple of apps and maybe sharing a half rack of ribs, just to sample the food. We were wrong. The mac and cheese bites were just okay, the chicken wings with buffalo sauce were just okay and the ribs were awful, the sauce wasn't any help, they tasted pre packaged and were just unappetizing. The coleslaw and rice pilaf were no better. When I complained about the quality the manager came out and offered other food, but that ship had sailed. When the bill came, they gave a discount of 1.20 ~ yes, one dollar and twenty cents ~ we paid 36.20 ~ and I tipped the waitress well, it wasn't her fault ~ but I will NOT return unless there's a drastic change in the menu, the food quality and overall service. Go for the view and a cocktail if you like, if the food doesn't get better they have no hope of surviving and that's a shame because it's a beautiful view of Grandview Beach

• Visited September 2013