“Consistently Good”

Annas Italian Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #156 of 385 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Anna's Restaurant never disappoints. We drove from Brisbane especially for our 10th Anniversary.

We ordered the bread rolls with fresh herb butter, 3 entrees and Tiramissu for dessert. BYO Wine.

Friendly wait staff.

Great for any special occasion.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed April 29, 2015

So we went to dinner this evening. My hubby, me and the kiddo. We ordered wings and the calamari as an appetizer. The wings were ok and we did finish them all. The calamari??the calamari was CLEARLY frozen and from a package as each piece was completely uniform in size and appearance. It was also not cooked thoroughly, so we had to send that back.

Hubby ordered a meatball sub. I ordered the chicken parm sub and my kiddo ordered the chicken fettucini alfredo.

Hubby's meatball sub had meatballs from a bag that must have come from Costco. No flavor, no seasoning, and the 'marinara' they put on the sandwich tasted like it to came from a can.

I ordered the chicken parm sandwich. What she brought me was an Italian....so that went back to the kitchen and I waited for the chicken parm sandwich. When it arrived, it looked great. However...let me describe it to you. You know how when you first start cooking and you don't know to thaw out chicken (or cook it) in the microwave because it makes the texture very strange and it almost 'snaps' whenever you take a bite? Well that is what this chicken was...they microwaved a frozen and breaded chicken breast, then the placed in under a broiler with some marinara sauce and cheese on top...I took one bite and had to spit it out. It truly was incredibly inedible.

Because we had already sent two things back, I did not want to send another thing, but we will not be returning to the establishment. To eat here....you may as well get the Stouffers Italian dishes from the freezer section and heat them up yourself.

The one and only bright spot was my son's chicken fettucini alfredo. The sauce was quite good. unfortunately, the chicken in it was also frozen.

Skip this place. hubby and I are going to be heading to another place for dinner now and the 47 dollars I just spent on inedible food was a complete waste. The prices are terribly inflated for pasta that comes from a box, sauces from a jar and meat that gets nuked before it is put on your plate.

We will not ever return.

Reviewed April 28, 2015

We haven't been to Anna's in many years and forgot how goo it really is. We went twice over the weekend and found the food to be excellent and the prices very reasonable.
The service was good and the staff were very attentive.

Reviewed April 26, 2015

We hadn't been to Anna's in a few years but were back in Hampton and decided to give it a try before a movie. Prices are still great. Service was fine but a few of the servers seemed distracted by watching their children in the game room. The restaurant looked like it needed a good cleaning and update (may have been the result of a long Friday as we were there about 7 p.m.). The pizza was about average but we needed to sop up some standing grease on the pie. We also tried their new appetizer, garlic knots. The first couple were fine but they soon become hard and the over abundant garlic butter on the plate jelled. Sounded like a good appetizer but it needs a little work. Overall, we were a bit disappointed in the food and condition of the restaurant from a few years back but we're probably not in as good of shape as the last time we had been at Anna's either.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

I've been to Anna's several times and never been disappointed. The service has been great, the food is wonderful, and it's not expensive or slow.

I've loved their pizza. It's nothing incredibly special, but it's really good. The pasta is the same. I think they're one of the best in the area.

They accommodate anyone from an individual or a large party. We once had a large birthday there and the food came fast and everyone was happy with the quality.

Date of visit: May 2014