“Chucks famous chicken, I think not!”
Review of Chucks Famous Chicken - CLOSED

Chucks Famous Chicken
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was in the mood for some good-ole fried chicken so I visited this restaurant Friday February 14 and I was not at all impressed. I ordered a two piece meal that included a side, a hush puppy, and a drink. My 10 year old daughter ordered the same thing. We both requested dark meat. My total was 15 bucks and I felt like this was too much for 2 two piece dinners. Shortly after ordering, I was told they were out of dark meat, and would I like a leg and a wing or wait 15 minutes for some fresh chicken. My daughter doesn't really like wings so I elected to wait. We received our sides of fries to eat while we waited. The waffle fries were nicely seasoned but slightly over cooked. When I finally received my chicken order, I was past ready to go and did not open the bag until I got home. First, we both had 2 legs. I thought a two piece order consisted of a leg and a thigh. Second, while one piece of chicken was fresh and hot, the other was cold and old. Third, the hush puppy was burnt and full of grease, making it quite inedible. Not a place that I plan on visiting again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Experience at Chucks Famous Fried Chicken

My previous trip here was ok because it allowed me to sample mostly everything, except the fried chicken that they are so famous for. I decided to go back on a Sunday to redeem a Groupon for all you can eat chicken, whiting, sides, and drinks for two. When I arrived an hour after they were scheduled to be open, I arrive to an empty building with the doors locked. There was no note mentioning they were closed, so I just chalk it up to poor communication. All of the good food that they have, along with average service, does no good if they can't open when they're supposed to. I guess I will have to visit the competition in the future because at least they open when they are supposed to.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt the best fries chicken in the state. And Rick was amazing - super friendly and helpful. We will be back and bring our friends!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My first visit was so amazing ,Everyone ws so friendly ,Im southern gal born and raised ,I felt like i was back home.The food was so good , everything fresh and hot.Go try it yall.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have to admit at first I was a little bit skeptical but as I got there they were making another fresh batch of chicken. I purchased the groupon deal... man it was so much food. the sides I purchased was mac-n-cheese, greens (they aren't your momma's but they are fresh) corn on the cob... ummm,umm,ummm. the hush-puppies were great! I loved it overall... when you drive up it might look a little off.. but it is great and I dont play with my food. So don't miss it and oh... the sauce the homemade sauce was uummm , uuuummm good.. great staff and food.