“Not as good as it once was”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #94 of 306 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had to attend a meeting in Hampton and decided to go here for dinner. I have not been to this restaurant in a number of years I usually go t the one near me. The hostess was very friendly and quickly seated me. The waitress was pleasant and took my order quickly. I was surprised how long it took to get my meal, since the place was not crowded. My meal came and it was hot, I had to let it cool down. I love the chicken tenders and they were good. Bot my French fries were over cooked. They were hard and crunchy. My corn on the cob tasted like it was old and dried out, no flavor at all. The tables were clean but the ketchup bottles on my table had dried ketchup on the sides and the bottle was almost empty.

Usually I can rely on a meal from this chain. But this one let me down, I will not be visit in this one again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited for a late lunch and the restaurant wasn't crowded. It was fairly quiet which I like for conversation. Wife had a potato soup which she didn't like. I had a soup that was almost like chili and it was very good. The service was good and we were able to sit and chat after the meal as long as we wanted. The coffee was good & kept coming. We dine there occasionally.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Not bad. Good service. I was excited to try the bacon avocado chicken sandwich on pretzel bread. It was a bit bland. And it came out with two slender slices of avocado. The waitress did bring me more, after I asked.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Chili's has been a mainstay for us since they first started out west. We've always enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Service has always been phenomenal. Since we're on the older side the menu revisions over the last several years to spicier food doesn't agree with our palate. However, we will always find something good for us to eat. When we travel we always look for a local chili's or cracker barrel to keep for good food varieties at reasonable pricing.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

While taking a break from shopping a friend and I stopped at Chili's for dinner. We decided to sit in the bar and were waited on right away. We decided to do the $20 special for two. We ordered Tostada chips and salsa that was very good (chips thin and crisp). She chose the bacon, ranch chicken Quesadillas and I selected the 6 oz. classic sirloin with broccoli and loaded mashed potatoes. The young waitress said there were no baked potatoes. As we waited for our order I looked around. The bar area was kind of dark and crowded with tables and booths along with the bar. However, everyone seemed to be having a good time. Our food came by another waitress and our waitress came by once to see if we needed anything. Everything was fine at this point. As she brought our bill we paid her then and were going to sit and talk and finish our chips however, she cleared the table in a hurry and took everything. So much for sitting and finishing the chips, drinks and talking. This waitress needs to know to ask if we had finished with all our meal. We were in and out within 30 minutes. Besides the rush the meal was very good.