“Food? Good...Service? Bad.”

Island Flavours Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 307 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I I waited to review this restaurant until after my second visit. I was really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but after the second experience, i now that it really didn't change the outcome. This is the first case in a while of tasty food but poor service... The reason that I have decided to write this today is that I will not be returning. Forget the first experience...on this trip I ordered their fried chicken; they told me that I could have any three pieces I wished I asked for two wings and a breast. After about 25 minutes (although they inform me it would take that long) I received my food and it was two wings and a thigh. I don't know if the cook thought I was an idiot or something, but I know the difference in the bone structure what pieces you receive... My husband who had already eaten his earlier (because his order was on the hot line) did not receive a napkin and we were waiting at a table. You would think when he had to go and ask for a napkin that she would have remembered to bring a napkin to the table with my order, but not the case.... John's food wasn't hot, we received no water at the table...things that make a restaurant a good restaurant usually equate to more than just nice tasting food... My suggestion? management needs to sit down with the waitstaff and the cooks and make sure that they know about customer service...the food can be the best in the world, but if it's not presented well or you get no service with it people won't return. John says they claim to be a restaurant, but they operate more like a takeout. Unfortunate, as there is a niche market for them in Hampton...