“Comfort Food”

Queens Way Soul Cafe
Ranked #63 of 385 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 13, 2019

I've only eaten here once when our community had our Christmas dinner. The food was very good and the Peach Cobbler was the highlight of the evening. Plan to visit again!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I waited over 20 minutes to even be acknowledged. We were ordering to go and sat at the bar. The waitress/bartender seemed to be bothered at all times and never offered us drinks just simply asked us (20 minutes later) “what did you want?”. We did place our order then had to ask her for two drinks... and then remind her several minutes afterwards to actually go get the drinks...food came out over 50 minutes later. All we ordered was fried fish and veggies. We asked for the manager/owner and he was just as un empathetic and listed several excuses instead of just offering some apologies. Bad experience, felt like an unimportant customer.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Passed this place so decided to check it out.

Felt more like a bar/pub than a restaurant. It looked as though a DJ was setting up.

Happy hour is from 5-9. The beer specials weren’t bad. They also have various specials each night. Thursday’s is grilled shrimp for about $.39 I believe.

The shrimp basket was good. Fries had more salt to my liking but to others they were great.

Apple pie was good. Tenders was good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Hands down some of the BEST food I’ve ever tasted! Grilled shrimp, collards greens and candied yam were seasoned so well! The sweet potato pie was homemade with real crust. Mac and cheese was okay but overall, I’d give it a 5/5!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2017

The trend recently is in what I call "foofy" soul food. I don't know if that is a real word, but you know what I mean. Trying to make something fancy, and charging more for it. Queen"s Way is not one of those places. They offer standard soul food at reasonable prices. The menu includes staples like pork chops, barbeque, fried fish, with sides like collards, cabbage, and mac and cheese. My wife and I both went with the smothered pork chop. Mine was grilled, with a smokey flavor, her's was fried. I got the cabbage, while she opted for the mac and cheese. The food was good and the service was friendly. I'd definitely go again.

Date of visit: February 2017