“Never had a bad experience”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #193 of 302 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Never had a bad experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been here several times and never had a bad experience. The food is very good and the bar staff is always so friendly and attentive. They have the best ultimate bloody mary, I have one every time I am there.

• Visited March 2013

east coast
“More of a bar then restaurant.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went in with a party of ten. Service was not the best. Food was average and it took a little longer than expected to get it. A few of the orders were not correct. Overall just average. I would return for the bar, but for eating I would go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
Moyock, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not surprised restaurant is rated 80.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

By far the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. Several of my co workers got together to do a going away lunch for our co worker. There was 6 of us. There were only 2 other tables in the whole restaurant. We wondered why they were so dead on a Friday at lunchtime. After this miserable experience we knew why. I must say, after 25 years in the hospitality industry, we knew exactly where the problem was. It all starts with poor management. We all ordered, after about 1 hour, 3 people got their salads and wrap. After another 15 minutes, 2 of the others in our party got their pizza and sandwich. I ordered a tuna sandwich and if you like tuna, you know it doesn't take but just a couple of minutes to cook. The waitress said...the cook told her it took the longest to prepare. While she appeared clueless, it wasn't her fault. I kept looking around for a member of management and we didn't see anyone around. Finally after another 20 minutes, one of my coworkers asked for a member of management. The waitress was looking kind of frantic and trying to find them. Finally, this guy came out of the office at a snails pace and moseyed back to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he came up to the table holding a dried up tuna sandwich and said, "I am sorry, I should have been on it, but we will pay the bill, that is the least I could do". I told him to box it up, as I was not going to make the rest of the girls wait another 30 minutes. So he left the table. He never once introduced himself as a manager, he looked sloppy and very nonchalant about the whole situation. Needless to say...There are so many other restaurants in the area and so many to choose from, I will never go back to this one and will never recommend them to any of our hotel guests!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 149Renee
Virginia
“Bad first impression!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Service was slow, food order came out wrong and not very impressed with quality, poor attitude from bartender! No plans of returning.

• Visited June 2013
Virginia, United States
“Nice salad for lunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Came for lunch, sat in bar area, beautiful day-the had front doors in so let in a nice breeze. Had pear and blue cheese sald with grilled chicken. Very tasty! Will have to come back for dinner and drinks.

• Visited May 2013