“Great for family and pets! <3”

Sandy Bottom Nature Park
Ranked #6 of 29 things to do in Hampton
st louis mo
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Great for family and pets! <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I come here every time I visit our kids in Hampton VA. I love to take our little granddaughter for a day of playing in the playground, picnicking and seeing the wild animals. While there, we saw a place to rent boats that will take you over a beautiful lake. I'm not sure but I believe they let you fish and I've learned recently that you can even camp here. The park can rent cabins or you can bring your own tents. We also love watching people bring their dogs to the dog park. There are trails to walk the dogs on and trails for human hiking. This is an amazingly beautiful nature reserve and if you're in the Hampton area, do yourself a favor and go!

Visited August 2012

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My husband took me here for a walk one day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is great. I loved it and got a really good feeling when we drove in. Great for all sorts of stuff but we love to walk and walk we did.

Visited July 2012
Hampton, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great park for family and pets alike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I originally went to this park to check out the dog park (which is great, by the way) and found myself wandering through the various trails happily for a couple of hours. This is especially beautiful for fall walkers and runners, but there is camping, fishing, paddle-boats, picnic areas, and an animal refuge area to enjoy. The staff is friendly and helpful, and I have even seen weddings performed there recently. This park is a gem- definitely give it a look!

Visited July 2012
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Best park in Hampton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My kids love the playground because it is shaded well and on a hot day, a shaded park is a major win!

Visited June 2012
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great family spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Fun to camp, nature walk, bike ride. Park Rangers give tours and show critters too. Special events like movies, walks and evening storytime too.