“Beautiful atmosphere great food and service”
Review of Monsoon

Monsoon
Ranked #21 of 306 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Downey Green
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Love love love the look the feel the service and the food is out of this world good always recommending to others to go to Monsoon it is just a fantastic experience!

1  Thank Lillian Sanchez P

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Enjoyed a yummy lunch there this week. Started with a soup of the day made of sweet corn and carrots, spiced up a notch and topped with green onions. The main course was a delicious Chicken Masala with naan and basmati rice. The creamy, spicy sauce (I went for middle of the road hot) was so good I soaked up every drop with the delicate naan (and they give you several pieces). Not sure what did it, but the next day I had much more energy than usual...will investigate. Service was so authentic there was a bit of a language barrier, but that enhanced the experience.

1  Thank figster5
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is my second review of Monsoon. I wanted to do a second review for a couple of reasons. 1. We haven't been back to Monsoon until just a couple of weeks ago due to my husband's surgery. Once he recovered, Monsoon was the one and only place he wanted to go, so we got take out. I fell in love with the Matar Mushroom dish and he devoured his favorite Black Pepper Chicken. We missed our favorite restaurant so much that we got take out again just a day later. I requested more mushrooms and peas in my Matar Mushroom dish, which they accommodated perfectly, which only led to me getting take out for the third time in probably a week!

The second reason I wanted to add another review is that I recently noticed that the owner, Darshak P. is now monitoring the reviews. So, I wanted to reach out personally to Darshak - we absolutely love your restaurant and rave about it to anyone who will listen :) This weekend we are actually coming in both Saturday and Sunday! We will be dining this Saturday at 7pm - we are bringing a couple of friends with us who have never been to Monsoon and hope to get them hooked just as we are. And, we will be back on Sunday when you open at 12noon to order a bunch of take out to bring to more friends that can't make it in person, but they will be trying Monsoon for the first time. We really enjoy bringing new people to your restaurant to experience the beautiful atmosphere, fantastic service, and incredible food; we look forward to this weekend & would love to say hello in person if you happen to be at Monsoon this weekend.

Darshak P, Owner at Monsoon, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank You for reviewing us again and giving us 5 star. It means a lot to us and we are glad that you are our regular and loyal customer. Your comments are always welcomed and thank you for noticing the replies to them. We will pass on the compliments to the team of Monsoon and would love to keep improving and serving you in better ways. We count on loyal customers like you, and it always motivates the team to do better by getting appreciation like yours. Thank You and will see you soon. Best, Darshak.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Food and service were excellent. Very upscale and contemporary décor for an Indian restaurant. Kudos to the ownership and management.

Darshak P, Owner at Monsoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank You for reviewing us and giving us 5 star. It means a lot to us. We will pass on the compliments to the team of Monsoon and would love to keep improving and serving you in better ways. We strive to make each and every customer happy and make their day. I am glad that we did it again. Yes, our cuisine is always been loved for nice, flavorful and delicious food with good portions along with friendly service. We count on loyal customers like you, and it always motivates the team to do better by getting appreciation like yours. Thank You and will see you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My son took me to Monsoon for lunch ... my first visit. I decided to try the lunch chicken curry. It was delicious ... very rich and just the right spice blend. The curry, basmati rice, and naan were the right amount for a satisfying lunch and were presented beautifully. I enjoyed the meal and can't wait to return.

Darshak P, Owner at Monsoon, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing us 5 star. It means a lot to us. We offer you the more value for your money. Our Executive Lunch portions are loved by our regular customers and they do appreciate what's included in it. We offer Executive Lunch which includes Two Course meal - Appetizers and Main Course. Main course is served with Aged white Basmati Rice and freshly baked homemade Naan bread. I am glad that you loved it. We would love to keep improving and serving you in better ways. We count on loyal customers like you and it always motivates the team to do better by getting appreciation like yours. Thank You again and will see you soon.

Been to Monsoon? Share your experiences!