“Plenty of beer options”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Lane Tavern

Park Lane Tavern
Ranked #2 of 298 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Plenty of beer options”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beer fans will have a lot to be thankful for when they look at the menu here. Plenty of selections. This was our second visit. It is located in a town center mall, so there is plenty of parking and it is easy to get to. For me, this a good lunch spot. I did notice that they only have one menu, so you can order anything they serve anytime you visit. LIke another reviewer mentioned, it seems to be styled as an Americanized British pub. The food is good, nothing fancy, but that is OK sometimes. Not a restaurant that I am going to rush back to, but I'm glad it's there when I am in the area.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank KPR18

Rochester, New York
“Beer Lovers Heaven”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my first trip to this area in many, many years, and when I travel, I always look for microbreweries to visit. At least accorrding to my web research, there aren't many options in this area...but Park Lane Tavern came up...so I stopped in twice during a recent business trip in the area. First the disclaimer...Park Lane is NOT a microbrewery, nor do they advertise as such. But if you want great craft beers, served in a high energy, upscale environment, then you must stop here. First night I went alone since my co-worker was arriving in town later, just to check it out. I enjoyed it so much, then next night, with my co-worker who wanted to 'grab a beer or two' the next night, I suggested we return and we both loved it. My co-worker is from Fort Collins CO, which is microbrewery ground zero just about and he too was impressed. The restaurant is in Peninsula Square Mall, with ample free public, well lit, safe, off street parking nearby. On entry we were greeted by a pleasant hostess, and we chose to sit at the massive rectangular shaped bar. I would characterize the decor as an Americanized British pub. To us the main feature was the beer. They have an enormous selection of bottle and draft beers arranged on the menu by country. All the beers on the menu had very descriptive narrative text explaining what you would experience taste wise, alcohol content too. I tried several during our two visits. The bartenders were very pleasant and helpful in making selections when I asked as soon as I sat down, "Do you serve Murphy's Stout?" and the answer was "No. But here's a couple ideas that you might want to try." And I give here credit because the last idea was, "Guinness". Nothing against Guinness...but you can get that anywhere, and I want to be beer adventurous. So I tried an Irish stout that was a special on the menu and it was different than Murphy's for sure but very tasteful. We never did try any food ideas since we had prior business related commitments. I'll probably be returning to the area in coming months...and when I do, a stop at the Park Lane is in order...and this time I'll order some food too!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SRCFan
Hampton, Virginia
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A wonderful friendly pub with great food and service. Lovely decor and atmosphere. We ordered fish and chips and bangers and mash. Food came out quickly and hot. Our friendly server in cute outfit checked on us often .
Too many beers to choose from. All good! Large TV's with sports programs. Nice relaxing place.

• Visited December 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fish n' Chips!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

By far the best fish n' chips I've ever had outside of Ireland or the UK! Great beer selection and a fun place to sit around and catch up with friends or coworkers. We had perfectly attentive service and were able to hear each other tell stories for hours on end. I think someone got the bangers and mash and really enjoyed it... the rest of us swooned over the fish n' chips--every plate cleaned!

• Visited December 2012
Tampa, Florida
“ITS A GASTRO - PUB”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

ITS A BAR / EATERY WITH A VERY UPSCALE FEEL !

great place 4 date night

horrible if your on a budget

the only place on the peninsula that offers the Monte Christo sandwich and its a bangin one !

Management is helpful and bathroom is very nicely appointed.

outdoor torches on the patio make it a good bet even in the winter

• Visited January 2012