“Good but not authentic”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Good but not authentic”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Food, beer and atmosphere where all good but at the end of the day this is a very american take on a british/irish bar, along the lines of places like Tilted Kilt. As an ex-pat I'm always on the lookout for a british bar to 'get my fix' of favorites like bangers n mash, here whilst on the menu it was not authentic and was not a traditional british banger, also the salad on the side and the veggies were not typical of the dish.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Place in Hampton”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Park Lane Tavern is the best place to eat and hang out in Hampton. The bar is beautiful and the food is delicious. I go maybe 3 times a month and have never had a bad experience. Thank you also to Brandon Jenkins who is a wonderful waiter and very helpful trying to help me choose a low carb option.

• Visited September 2012
“Really Fun Place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm a big fan of Park Lane Tavern. Their food is high quality pub fare. The staff always seems personable and the know their beer. They have rotating taps as well as something in cask at all times. The only draw back its that it its fairly pricey.

Raleigh
“delicious”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place was hopping, and I just had a cobb salad, but it was the best I've ever had. Great food, good prices.

Visited August 2012
Hampton Roads
“A little pricey, but worth it”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Scottish-style pub is roomy and tastefully furnished. The place looked clean and fresh, even though it opened over a year ago. Bar area is mixed with the dining tables, so don't expect a quiet meal. Not noisy, just a steady hum of conversation.

My wife and I ordered the Fish & Chips ($12.50) and a side salad ($5) to split. I had a pint of Guinness ($5.75) and my wife had a Honey Pineapple ($2.95) drink. Food and drinks were excellent: haddock was battered and fried to perfection and the chips were fluffy inside. The salad had an assortment of crisp fresh greens, crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, and shredded carrot. The Guinness was cold and smooth with a creamy head - very nice.

The server had a short delay getting to our table, but thereafter she made numerous stops to make sure we were well taken care of. We wanted to share our meal, so she was considerate enough to bring us two plates and an extra dressing: balsamic vinaigrette, nice!

I wasn't too dismayed by the price of the food, although I thought it was high, but the taxes were excessive. A 13 cent "service tax" was followed by a $1.32 state tax - not too bad. Then came the city tax of $1.97. Ouch! That brings the total tax to $3.42. That's over 13%! Come on folks.

We'll be back and urge other as well.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Park Lane Tavern? Share your experiences!