“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service was very slow borderline terrible. Less than half the tables were taken so there was no excuse. Blue crab carbonara lacked seasoning and was cold. Fish tacos were ok if you like catfish. I will not order them again. I may try this restaurant again but will not go out of my way to do so.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are in Hampton for a few days due to my husband's work. We have not been able to find many good places to eat, but this place was very good. The menu is mostly seafood, but there are several other options for the non-seafood eater. And the staff was extremell pleasant. I had the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer. Yum! My dinner of chicken tacos was just OK. Good sized portions and not very expensive.

1  Thank nicole_g_mchugh
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nestled in the small labyrinth of cobbled roads in downtown Hampton, this place was undiscovered by us until a friend recommended it and we checked it out on TripAdvisor. It was Sat night, 7:30 and they don't take reservations, so we had a 20 minute wait for our party of six. Not bad considering the place is fairly small -- guessing they seat about 80 or so. Food was well prepared, beautifully presented, and very filling. Perhaps my only criticism is that, since I'm not a pepper fan, my Mahi had more pepper than I would have expected without having described it as "pepper seared" on the menu (as the flounder dish was). Still, it was yummy enough to overlook. Still, chefs need to be careful with salt and pepper. I mean, isn't that why the food gods invented salt and pepper shakers? If you are not a pepper fan, you might want to specify that to the server. On the other hand, if you ARE a pepper fan, grab a bib and the car keys and head over!! The local and commercial beers offer some great choices (the three guys enjoyed the IPA) and, although they had no white zin for our WZ aficionado, they were able to offer a balanced Reisling which placated our onboard oeniphile. Suffice it to say, everyone volunteered to return to the place for another get-together which, in itself, is a twelve-thumbs up endorsement from the gaggle.

1  Thank duffpilot
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited the Conch and Bucket during Hampton's restaurant week and were so pleased to discover this delicious, stylish restaurant where the focus is on good food and wine. The dining room is initmate with a blackboard listing menu items, adult beverages and wine events. Our server was friendly, attentive and patiently answered our questions about the menu. My husband ordered from the everyday menu and I tried one of the three course restaurant week specials for $20. His appetizer was fried calamari with aioli. Light, crisp and delicious. I had the Caesar Salad that consisted of fresh lettuce with a wonderful garlic dressing. For entrees, my husband enjoyed crab carbonara and I had a petite beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon with mushrooms, mashed potato and carrots. My steak was cooked perfectly and the accompanying side dishes were delicious. Serving sizes were so generous - we both enjoyed leftovers for lunch the next day. We ordered, and devoured, Hummingbird Cake for dessert. Moist and sweet! We are already planning a return visit to the Conch and Bucket this week.

1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing! I normally go to Tap House, but this place was open for Sunday morning brunch so I decided to try it. The food was a little slow coming out, but it was worth the wait. I just got back from Paris in October and I didn't think I'd be able to find a good crêpe in America. Well the crab crêpe I had tasted just as good as the ones I had in Paris. I can't wait to get back so I can try the fried green tomatoes. Amazing food!