“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Conch and Bucket - CLOSED

Conch and Bucket
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
PA
“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was really looking forward to this place after reading the reviews here. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a major disappointment. I ordered the crab ravioli and it was so bland I had to ask for salt and pepper.(This is something I never do; if anything I typically find things too salty.) Would not have bothered to mop up the extra sauce even if bread had been available. My husband ordered the blue crab carbonara and the flavor of the little crab that was in it was totally overwhelmed by the smoked ham. Service was inattentive at best, surprising as there were two servers and only six tables. We went with the hummingbird cake for dessert. The cake layers were tasty but the icing and sauce were overly sweet. (That might have been cut with a cup of coffee, but none was ever offered.) And for some unknown reason, instead of bring the two forks we requested, the cake was served with two soup spoons. Go figure.

• Visited September 2012

Buffalo, New York
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Conch and Bucket was recommended by a local bar tender. He was absolutely correct. Great food and great local ambience. I'll definitely visit the C&B again and again.

Visited September 2012
Yorktown, Virginia
“Never Got To Eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the restaurant and we were told the wait would be aprox 20 min. We were advised that a rooftop was having tar applied so it smelled outside and shouldn't sit out on the patio. So we decided to sit at the bar and have a drink while we waited. 30 min went by and we noticed two sets of people getting seated. My wife decided to take a look for herself and didn't smell any tar so she informed the hostess that we we're willing to sit outside or anything else that came available. An additional 15 min went by and we noticed that two tables were open inside. We asked the bartender what was going on. After speaking to the hostess she explained that the kitchen had put a hold on orders and they weren't seating anymore people at this time. This was never explained to us until after waiting 45 min! Needless to say we left and salvaged the rest of our Friday night. The only reason that this restaurant is receiving a 2 is because the bartender was nice. Recommend that the Conch and Bucket provide training to they're service employees.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank TravelTowns
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Ate on the outdoor patio. The atmosphere is fantastic and the food is wonderful. I love this place and will definatly be going back.

Hampton, Virginia, United States
“More people should know about this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this for date night recently and were delighted. I am often wary of little, local restaurants that few people have heard of because the reason for such a status is often that it offers poor service, poor atmosphere, and unimaginative cuisine. I was delighted to find that this wasn't the case with Conch and Bucket. The food was great, portions were great, service was attentive yet not a nag, and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be back!

• Visited August 2012