“Average hotel, small rooms, NO POOL!”

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Murphy, North Carolina
“Average hotel, small rooms, NO POOL!”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week with a large group. The price was right and it was nice to have the convenience of being able to cook in our rooms. But, the rooms are VERY small. There's just enough room for a small table, small kitchen area, two beds and a dresser. Some rooms have full-sized refridgerators. The kitchen isn't completely stocked either (minor things like a dish drainer).

It is conveniently located near the highway and seems like a safe area. There is also a beach close by (I think it's called Buckroe Beach on Chesapeake Bay). But if you're traveling in July, beware of massive amounts of jellyfish!

The biggest downfall was NO POOL! I thought that really wouldn't make much of a difference, but it actually would have been nice to cool down by the pool in the evenings.

The channels available on the television were very limited also.

There is a 7-11 right in front of the hotel, but no fast food or any food places nearby to walk to.

The front desk staff was very nice and accomodating.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this hotel is for you, but if you plan on spending a little time in the hotel to relax or if you're traveling with kids, you will probably be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reston
Reviewed June 27, 2010

First of all, I am writing this as a "buisness" guest. So with that said, if you are just traveling for pleasure and only plan on using this as a place to rest, Perfect for you. If you are planning on staying here for any length of time and as a business guest.. Look some place else. The staff is very helpful, friendly and understanding. But that only goes so far. The rooms need a serious makeover. I was in one of the "larger" rooms with a kitchen. Not that large. Make sure if you need a kitchen, you ask for a large refrig. Most are mini sized and the "apartment" sized refrigs are on the small side as well. Not much room in th freezer area. The room I was in had no tub, shower only. Smoking rooms are across the hallway from the non smoking rooms... So smoke smells penatrate your room. I stayed 2 nights out of the 36 days I planned. The internet is very important for me and my work. Here was below sub par. If you rely on it, stay away. It took forever to open a web page or browse. Much less download any files. This hotel is def not for true business extended stays. I will say that the staff tried very hard to rectify the situation and gave me a full refund.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Pacifica, California
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in late October. The location of the property is very central to shopping, restaurants and the convention center. The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed! It was great to have someplace where you could make a quick meal or snack. At check in they will give you a schedule of when you room will be cleaned and restocked with towels, but if you find you need clean towels or other supplies before then, the front desk people are happy to provide what you need.I believe there is a charge for internet access although I don't know what that is. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton, VA
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I am an officer in the military and have made the Suburban Extended Stay my home since January 2009. I also was in corporate sales for approximately 13 years with a Top 25 Company, so I understand the importance of customer service. I have been to 13 countries and can truly say this is the friendliest and most customer conscious staff I have ever dealt with in all my travels. It is extremely refreshing to see excellent customer service and people who really care about your comfort. For an economy hotel you will get five star service here! The rooms are clean, the property is well maintained; which I do care about and the people are the best. If you have a long term stay, highly recommend this hotel because they will treat you like family. Great experience all around!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Annapolis,Md
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Our stay at the Hampton Va.. hotel was both memorable and heart warming,the manager Alex and his staff were very caring, friendly,hospitable, and just all around wonderful. The hotel and the rooms were pristine. The cleaniness superbe. The grounds and the surroundings were relaxing,quiet and well manicured. The check in process was both speedy and pleasant (we even asked to see a room before we checked in because of a bad experience at the other hotel we had just checked out of , Alex was more than happy to ablige us of that request).like I said in the beginning Alex and his staff really care!! They are not just there for business, they are real people with real hearts. They went above and beyond anything we ever expected from them. We were in mourning because of a loss of a loved one, Alex and his staff showed us they cared beyond words!! Again, we would like to thank them.This is now our home away from home when we are in Hampton Va. Why not make it yours too? I promise they wont let you down!! Contact extended stay america and Alex Frizzelle at [--]or FAX [--] best wishes on your future stays and God bless. Mr.& Mrs.D. Davis Annapolis, Maryland.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean, bright and well maintained. There's lots of shopping and restaurants nearby! The location is great -- close to the interstate, yet far enough not to hear the highway noise.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Long Island, NY
Reviewed June 11, 2008

The Suburban Extended Stay in Hampton was disappointing. I was here for almost two weeks and initially had high hopes for my stay. The room was small--which I knew going into the experience--but the kitchen adequate for one person (see the review below). What was disappointing was the condition of the room and the furnishings. On the first night, there was a leak from the ceiling above onto my bathroom. When I notified the staff, they were quick to turn off the water to the floor above, and that wasn't an issue. Yet, it was clear that this leak (from the ceiling stain) was not new. On the third day, the coffeemaker failed. Again, the staff cheerfully got me a new one in less that ten minutes, but still . . . . And the bed! Someone had slept on one particular side and that side was like falling off a cliff--a complete lack of support. And the coup de grace was housekeeping's failure to clean my room on the one day of the week it was scheduled for cleaning--I came back to week-old towels and bed linens, and when I reported it to the desk clerk, she replied that she'd let the manager know in the morning. So, I was stuck with no cleaning . . . .

I don't require luxury in an extended stay, but working, serviceable furniture and room is important, and this hotel did not meet that reasonable expectation.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Serviceability of furnishings; cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LTCMK