“excellent service”

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 26, 2013

i stayed at the suburban extended stay from 8/23-8/25/13. the facilities were very clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful. george was on duty when i came in and he showed professionallism and courtesy. he answered all my questions and made me feel very welcomed at check in and during the stay, lashanda was also a big help to me when i had questions about the area and they both went beyond duty to make sure my stay was comfortable and clean. i,m from new jersey and would recommend this facility to family and friends. the staff was nice and i felt right at home ..thank you.

Room Tip: the king suite are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank mrsmith674
Marti R, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Mr. Smith, Thank you for the kind words in your review. We strive to accommodate all our guest and offer the best customer service possible. The staff appreciates it tremendously when a guest take the time to write such a great review.

Marti R

There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here during our son's AAU basketball tournament and loved it. The hotel was nice and clean and they provided fresh towels for our team everyday. George was great and cared for us like we were family. We travel with the team frequently and have never experienced such hospitality. The price, location and friendliness all added up to a great stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Moniluv71

Moniluv71, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We appreciate it anytime a guest gives us feedback. I helps us to know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. George is great and I am happy he was able to offer you his best. We look forward to seeing you and the team again this year

Marti R

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this location from July 19th-July 24th 2013...We also fell for the recent positive reviews and the cheap pricing. Family of 5 stayed here and WILL NOT ever stay at this location again. Upon arriving at the hotel, check-in was very pleasant but the warm welcome stopped at the desk. We entered the room to find that the décor was very outdated. The beds, well needed a long body pillow at the open side of the bed as the beds leaned down towards the floor. Get ready to be rolled on or off the bed and onto the floor if not. The shower had many light brown stains with cigarette burns on the side of the tub. The shower head wouldn't move and the water pressure was low. They say there is a full size refrigerator, well it is not. It is very small and not frost free. It was day 4 before the front desk finally found us a skillet, which was suppose to be in the room upon arrival. The stove is a two burner, well only 1 burner worked. Remember to turn the time dial on the wall or your stove will shut off within 2 minutes. I ask the front desk for quarters to do laundry, and was told they didn't have any and I would have to find somewhere to give me change for my dollar bills, so I could do laundry. I went to get ice for the first time; since I had been buying bags of ice from the gas station across the street, and the maintenance man, spoke up and told me that he was getting ready to turn the ice machine off to give it a break for 2 days, since it had been used a lot over the weekend. Then I proceeded to get a little bit of ice and he told me that was enough ice and if I needed more, I needed to go and buy ice. I explained that I have a child with diabetes and need to keep her insulin cold in a cooler when we went to the beach, he then tells me again, that the ice at the hotel is not provided to be put in a cooler but rather in a glass and that it wasn't fair to the staff to not have ice for their drinks. You better do your own towels than ask for replacements, because you are told that you will have to wait and get new ones from the night shift clerk once they have time to do the laundry. I had to finally go and get a vacuum off of the housekeeping cart that was just sitting in the hallway by the elevator, since I had ask the front desk to use one, and was told they would contact me when another guest was done with it. I called for the next 6 hours and was told I had to wait...The elevator door was sticking and you would be stuck on the elevator with the door open for approximately 3 minutes waiting for the door to finally close. You had to give the door a push and shove to get it to finally close. They have a place setting for 2 people in the room instead of 4. It was just a unpleasant stay and not very accommodating for any size of family above 2. We are just the average middle class family and knew it wasn't the HILTON and didn't expect it to be as such, but this was dirty, small and not worth 49.99 plus tax a night. Maybe 29.99 nightly would be an appropriate price to charge.

Room Tip: Smoking floor is the 3rd floor and make sure if you are a non-smoker to get a room that is non-smoki...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Deana F

Deana F Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate all the feed back we receive. Your review gives us the opportunity know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. I apologize for your less than great stay. We have made may changes to our staff and to the rooms since your stay. We also have new flat screen TV's and are scheduled for new furniture in the spring. I hope that you will consider giving us an other chance, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Recent reviews are very positive..and we fell for it. My husband and I stayed here in July 2013 for two nights. Check in was pleasant as Lashonda was very welcoming. But that is where the good service ended. Our shower was disgusting with orange/brown stains and spots on the shower floor and walls. There were also a few similar stains on one of the pillowcases. We called the front desk and went to get a new pillowcase, and we were told that our shower would be cleaned in the morning. Well, sure enough we came back later the next day to find that it never was cleaned. There was dirt on the sink, we couldn't open the main after-hours door and the hallways were loud with people congregating and talking/goofing off with no regard for others. There was also stale food sitting out in the hallways. Our room smelled like some sort of chemical the entire time. We had no Kleenex/tissue paper, paper towels or napkins, or a hairdryer, and we had barely any shampoo. We felt very uneasy even touching the linens after finding the spots on the pillowcase and shower. Thankfully we only stayed two nights here and didn't have a need for the kitchen. I seriously doubt this room was cleaned thoroughly before we stayed here. We will not return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Linds90

Linds90, Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your received good customer service from LaShonda. I am so sorry that the remainder of your stay was not the most pleasant. We are an extended stay hotel and do not offer many of the amenities that comes with a more costly nightly hotel. We do offer a clean room and I am very sorry that your room was not up to our normal standards. I have discussed the issues you mention with my staff and assure you they have been taken care of. We were sold out for the 2 nights that you stayed and did have many guest enjoying their stay and visiting in the hallways. I apologize if they did not consider other guest. We are scheduled for new furniture in the spring and have already added new flat screen TV's to all of our room. I hope that you will give us another chance and look forward to see you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arranged to stay here during the Hampton Jazz Festival the customer service from George (front desk on arrival) and Frank (over the phone while traveling to hotel) made my first stay at Suburban Extended Stay pleasant. Both gentlemen were extremely helpful in every way. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LadyRH
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Lady RH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. George and Frank will be pleased to receive your kind words of praise.

Once again thank you for choosing Suburban Extended Stay Hampton.

Marti

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here before, and it wasn't a very pleasant stay. We decided to give them another chance since George was so great last time. I'm glad we gave them second chance. The rooms were cleaner, and the customer service is always great. There are restaurants and shopping nearby, but this one particular restaraunt has the best fried chicken (Chuck's famous fried chicken on Magruder). Lashonda was just as helpful as George was ....so that shows me all of there front desk staff is great and trained appropriately. I definately will recommend this hotel from now on.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colemanlatisha
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

WOW!

On behalf of my staff, I would like to thank you for giving us a second chance.

We accommodate may guests each evening, and we strive to make each and every night stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

Let me thank you for your kind words of praise regarding LaShonda and George. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

DYnamic Hotel, easy to find, and near the highway for easy travel to malls and other shopping. LaShonda, George, and Frank have made my stay an excellent and enjoyable. They provided 1st class customer service and grew more pleasant with eash encounter. The manager MS. Marti was a charm as well. If you are looking for a place to relax and not noisey or off the beaten path of civilization. The Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton is a place to do it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Willie C.
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. However, it is only though our guest's eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words,