“This hotel is not very clean and not worth the price that they charge, $75 a night.”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. I stayed at this location because of the host hotel of the event that I was attending was booked.

Once we got our room it was aweful. The bed had pubic hair all over it and at room was not clean. The bed looked as if the linings had never been changed. We did not feel comfortable with our location of the hotel. We asked for another room and that room looked as if someone was already staying there with unmade bed and dirty. After 3 tries, we finiallly got a room that was fairly clean. It was not as clean as I expected it to be.

Lastly, upon checking out, the lady behind the counter had charged the security deposit on my credit card. We didn't use the safe, but I told her and she credited it to my card, but only for 1 night. There was an additonal $1.50 still charged for the second night.

Overall, the hotel was not nearly as nice as expected from the website or hotel description. The room rate was much too high ($75-night)for the quality of hotel that we stayed at, where we could have stayed at the next door Howard Johnson or Quality Inn for a cheaper price and more immendities, but they were already booked.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jaychelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mechanicsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

Upon arriveing at this hotel, I found a very polite, friendly and helpful desk clerk.
Who quickly checked me inn (punn there) and gave me the key to a room.
However I had to return to him for a different room due to the fact that the room I was assigned had a terrible odor. I couldnt say for sure if it was a moldy odor, or damp smoke. But the clerk was quick to change my room, had no problems doing so and I was set for the night. The room was a little old in material, but was clean and properly prepared for guests.
I slept well.
THe only real complaint was that the Internet access was slow.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wbwick
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. The rooms are bright and roomy, the staff, rates and location are great and its in the heart of everything..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

You get what you pay for but this hotel was alittle outdated and needs some renovations. Didnt want to lay on bed room looked so dirty. The staff was friendly but the rooms were old looking

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yours66
hampton va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

this hotel was very neat an clean.the sevice wasexcellent. the people were very nice and friendly. planning on staying again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Middleburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

room 312. frig didn't work tried turning on, nope. looked for plug but it was behind dresser which was fed thru bottom drawer. ice machine didn't work.
complained to head office of chain refunding me $40. said ice machine was waiting on part and frig did work. I guess frig smarter than us. cause we could not get to work. drank warm soda and water.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 10pickles
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

Hello me and my best friend took my daughter to meet her friend and we stayed in room 123 well the first day we got there i knew right away that the room was haunted,I heard a woman talking had shadows in the room my bed was shaking,I saw a woman's face and a man's face n my friend heard a woman's saying excuse me and it was 2am in the morning I took a picture with my cell phone and there is a shadow that i caught on it. The days that we were there was feb27 to 28 2009.
It's a nice hotel but i couldn't sleep for the two nights something kept me up my friend and her daughter and my daughter were able yo sleep but not me
I'm wondering if anyone else heard and seen things also.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends