“alot of things not working”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Middleburgh
“alot of things not working”
Reviewed March 28, 2009

room 312. frig didn't work tried turning on, nope. looked for plug but it was behind dresser which was fed thru bottom drawer. ice machine didn't work.
complained to head office of chain refunding me $40. said ice machine was waiting on part and frig did work. I guess frig smarter than us. cause we could not get to work. drank warm soda and water.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 10pickles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
new jersey
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Hello me and my best friend took my daughter to meet her friend and we stayed in room 123 well the first day we got there i knew right away that the room was haunted,I heard a woman talking had shadows in the room my bed was shaking,I saw a woman's face and a man's face n my friend heard a woman's saying excuse me and it was 2am in the morning I took a picture with my cell phone and there is a shadow that i caught on it. The days that we were there was feb27 to 28 2009.
It's a nice hotel but i couldn't sleep for the two nights something kept me up my friend and her daughter and my daughter were able yo sleep but not me
I'm wondering if anyone else heard and seen things also.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank njblackraven
Virginia
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Internet acces costs extra, coffee is available only in the lobby, no hairdryers or coffee pots in the rooms, beds are very worn, outside entry rooms, better hotels for less money are available in the area.

• Liked — it kept the rain off
  • Disliked — paying for services other hotels offer for free
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank narniatraveler
Reviewed November 3, 2008

First, there were NO towels in my room. I called the front desk four times - no towels ever arrived despite many promises. I finally found a housekeeping cart tucked in a corner and I took what I needed for my stay. Then, my toilet did not work - at all. The think simply would not flush! I called for maintenance SEVERAL times but finally had to prepare for my event so I ended up showering at another friend's hotel room. When I came back, nothing had been flushed :( I was livid so I complained to management the next morning as I was checking out. I was told that he was "sorry" but that I needed to complain to my booking agent. I did and Hotels.com told me they contacted the RRI and there was no record of my complaints - ARE THEY SERIOUS!!! Hotels.com offered to send me a coupon book but I am still out of the money for that nasty, unkept outhouse! Don't do it - it may be a little cheaper but it is certainly not worth it!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness, maintenance, response to guests
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank MsV69
jersey city, nj
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I stayed here on the second night of my slow trip to Georgia. My room was clean and quiet. Good for the price, although internet service was an extra $10 for 24 hours. Front desk very friendly. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed June 9, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as I was in town for a volleyball tournament just down the street at the Hampton Roads Convention Center. While it is close enough to walk to the venue site, I chose to drive and had no trouble. The volleyball team was staying next door at the Courtyard Marriott for about $50 more per night. Other than the significantly bigger lobby, I think I had just as good a deal as they had.

The hotel’s lobby was very small, yet clean. Check in was without problems, although when I checked in, there were 3 people ahead of me and I had to wait. I was efficiently checked in. My room was on the 2nd floor with an outside door entrance. The room was a pretty decent size and included a mini refrigerator and microwave oven for no charge. The bathroom was small and clean. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning unit was quiet (a plus for me as I cannot sleep sometimes when it is noisy.) I could not get any local TV stations on the TV for the weather. There was an HBO mini-guide so I knew what was showing on HBO. Available TV stations were listed in the room. The walls were not very noise proof and I did hear a large group return to the hotel well into the night.

• Liked — Location and cost
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank cinmik89
Warren
Reviewed November 4, 2005

A decent property at a decent price. My room was clean and the service was good, the only disappointment being some issues with the ice machines while I was there. The property is undergoing renovation one floor at a time. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business