“Got what we paid for”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
“Got what we paid for”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

No microwave in our room but when we asked for it they let us upgrade.cristi gave great directions to a few kid friendly places and the beach. There was no breakfast but alot of food places around. We got what we paid for and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive review with the staff here at Red Roof Inn Hampton. The staff here truly takes pride in providing the best customer service so when you stay with us its like your home away from home. We are located in the heart of Hampton, Va. surrounded by several shops and restaurants. Once again we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My wife And i were just passing through. Christy Was able to give us a room for a very good price . We were even allowed to check in early. Before we left the office Christy signed us up for a redí card That we could use at all red roof Inns. If in the área Again we Will def stay at this hotel! Thank you Christy for the great service! Also want to mention That the room Was very clean And comfortable

Room Tip: If u need a microwave make sure to ask for one because the y dont come in all rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Christy will be thrilled to learn she was mentioned in another review. I'm so glad to hear you are taking advantage of the REDICARD program. Don't forget you get the best rates booking directly at redroof.com, through the property, or whenever you make reservations on the members only reservation line 800.333.0991. We look forward to providing you with exceptional customer service the next time you are in town.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

As a frequent road warrior red roof redi card #6002992283 and Vip # 617206 traveling for me is an everyday event and every now and ten as a business owner I spot people whom i myself would employ in a New York minute Christy in my humble opinion is such an employee.
One who truly understands through her actions that she is there to make me the customer happy. As we choose which hotel chain we stay at and spend money with it isnt always the free nights given away or the design of the room or even whether or not the multitude of things that can be right or wrong with a room are in order that makes us stay loyal customers but the attitudes of those we interact with and your employee Christys manner and professionalism is one that deserves a 5 star rating.Just thought those who want to know at Red Roof should know Sincerely Bart Palms (Invisible Touch)
757 769 1307

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bart p
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and Christy will be thrilled to hear she was mentioned in this review. We appreciate our loyal customers that is why we do offer the REDICARD program just as a way to say "Thank you". That along with exceptional customer service is what we strive to offer each and every guest. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
New York
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I trusted the hotel since the pics they have on the website looks great. However, the problems started since the moment I checked in. The front desk girl assigned a room which, when I tried to open the door, the couple inside started to yell at me. I got another room with stains on the carpet and and dark spots on the bed. The smell in the room was bad. Two days after I checked in, the same crumbles (or sort of, I did not want to investigate) on the carpet were at he same place I noticed when I arrived. The last thing was that the room girl forgot to left towels in the room. I noticed that at 5AM when I was going to take a shower before I went to the airport. There are sooo many options next to this dirty, ugly outdated place (Holiday Inn, Motel 6, Days Inn, Clarion Suites, etc.)

Room Tip: A good room in this hotel??? NONE!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to tell us about your stay. I truly apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one. I can assure you that this is not our normal practice as we take pride in trying to give each and every guest superior service. I will share your comments with my staff and address the housekeeping issue that you experienced during your stay. I hope if in the area again you give us an opportunity to better serve you. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I may be able to ensure your next time will be a pleasant one.
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Old style Red Roof. Outside dated but room had been recently updated. Room and bathroom nice and clean. WIFI spotty at best. Area is safe, with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. location is right off the freeway. .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as enjoyed the recent upgrades and renovations we did to the rooms. We are working with our WIFI vendor to ensure the spotty service you experienced is corrected. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Hampton Roads area.
Shiner, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are clean. However, there is no in room coffee, no shampoo, nor do they offer continental breakfast. The a/c worked, but only minimally. The shower was good, with plenty of hot water. Basically, it was a perfectly fine hotel, but not great. Plus, there was some kind of disturbance in other rooms, and the police had to be called.

• Stayed July 2014
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and mentioning our great location. I hope you took advantage of the local beaches in the area and the new town center across the street when you were staying with us. I apologize you did not have shampoo in your room that was an oversight on our part as we offer that in all of our rooms. We also have rooms with coffee makers as well please inquire the next time you stay with us. Hampton Coliseum Convention center area is a safe and up and coming area. We like to keep it that way so we work very closely with the Hampton police division. I do however apologize if there presence alarmed you during you stay; but I can assure you we have not had any issues thanks to the extra duty officers that routinely come out to the property. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Baden, Switzerland
Reviewed June 11, 2014

In this very popular and scenic area of southern Virginia, near Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News, the Red Roof Inn is the best bargain one could ask for. Located near Langley, NASA, beaches, the Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg historical sites, this is a great place to rest your head. Don't expect breakfast or much in the way of a lobby experience, but your wallet will thank you. Wifi is complimentary, fridges and microwaves are complimentary ,and the staff are pleasant and friendly.

Maybe, it's better you keep this a secret. I would love to continue to enjoy the bargain price!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor locations are best, but try to get near the back of the hotel away from the Mercury Str...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn in Hampton, VA. I will be sure to share your commits with the staff as we continue to strive to provide the best quality at an economic rate. Also keep in mind we have a great rewards program called "REDICARD". With the RediCard program, you'll earn 10 points per dollar on the paid room rate. When you reach 6,000 RediCard points, you'll automatically receive a Free Night Certificate good at any Red Roof Inn nationwide. Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.