WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nothing Fancy...Just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this room for a last minute getaway from July 3 thru July 6. Since we knew that this was an older hotel, we didnt expect anything fancy. What we did expect though was clean and on the surface thats exactly what we got. The beds were clean and comfy, the bathtub and sink wiped clean and the floor swept. Where the hotel fell short was on the floor behind the toilet. It was kind of gross!! The outside of the building needs some TLC. Again, its an older hotel so a new paint job and some flowers would do it wonders. Adding a groundskeeper or someone to clean up the parking lot each day to their payroll would also help to make it more inviting. The room does open up to the outside but that was not a problem for us as we were able to park right in front of our door. It made it easier bringing luggage in and out.

The people who work for this hotel are some of the nicest people you will meet. Everyone we talked to had a smile on their face and if we needed something all we had to do was ask.

This hotel is just an average hotel, nothing fancy but I would recommend it if you are in need of a place to lay your head at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bikergirl123
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Each and every staff member here at Red Roof Hampton takes pride in providing our guest with superior sevice. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here July 5-7
I'll admit that driving up to it, it did look a little sketchy, but please don't let this detour you. The rooms are very neat and clean.
The front desk staff was amazing, they were really nice. I had the king standard room which was small but it was just what I needed for the two days that I was there. I was able to see the inside of the superior king the lady was cleaning up and I looked in on the way to my room. It was slightly bigger and had a fridge and a microwave. So I will request that one the next time.
I payed like $150.00 for the two days which was great for it being a holiday weekend. When the other hotels were charging that per night.
I loved the fact that the hotel was right next to everything. Shopping and food.
The only thing I would suggest is that Red Roof do a total reno of the exterior of the building and do some landscaping and maybe put some flowers to make it look less run down and more welcoming like the surrounding hotels, but other than that. Its a great place to stay and I will be coming back. I'm all about clean rooms and I never walk around barefoot at hotels, but this one the floors were clean enough to and the bed was so comfortable, it had a great mattress better than mine at home, I slept really well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We have recently done some changing to our landscape and exterior painting of the property's common areas as well as walk ways. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay in my room. I booked online for a superior king size bed and the check in was easy and quick. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nothing was out of place nor made me feel uncomfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank msbradby
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here after a current storm and we lost power in Williamsburg. I was initially reluctant to stay at this Red Roof because it isn't in the nicest part of Hampton. I do, however, say that it did its job and served its purpose.

I needed a pet friendly hotel since I was with a 120 pound dog. The closest pet friendly hotel with power to my home was $120 plus tax for the night. This Red Roof was $57.99. Needless to say, this hotel was NOT the Greenbrier. But it was about average for what I expect for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. We are glad that you decided to give Red Roof Hampton an opportunity to take care of your lodging needs. We hope to see you back in the near future.
New London, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The rooms are newly remodeled but don't look like the pics they post. We had a king size bed and the room was VERY small, it had a stale, moldy smell to it. There is no refrigerator or microwave, the iron was a piece of crap and they only have a few irons available for the entire place and the A.C's filter may have needed to be replaced because my allergies were out of control. I coughed the entire time I was there. While we were checking in someone had checked in right before us they went to put there stuff in the room and immediately came back to the office and checked out and said something in the room is messing with her allergies. That should have bben my sign to check out as well. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. We are now a 100% smoke free hotel which should cut down on any smell of smoke in the rooms. We also have several room types that come with microwaves and refrigerators which would be the deluxe and premium rooms. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
NEW HAVEN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was neat and for the most part clean. There was some tacky caulking jobs in the bathroom and the floor looked like it could have been cleaned better especially around the bathroom door. Otherwise it was a reasonable stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ERIKA W
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the look of our new rooms. Please let us know if we can serve your lodging needs again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location for a girls getaway weekend and were impressed with the newly remodeled rooms. Also Lia at the front desk offered excellent customer service by canceling another reservation instead of just telling me to call the 800 number. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Msvoluptuous
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear that the "Girls Weekend" went well. I am happy that Lia was able to assist you with your reservation needs. We look forward to serving your lodging needs during your next "Girls Gettaway.
Thank you for sharing your experience with others.