“Great location! Good value”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
“Great location! Good value”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location for a girls getaway weekend and were impressed with the newly remodeled rooms. Also Lia at the front desk offered excellent customer service by canceling another reservation instead of just telling me to call the 800 number. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Msvoluptuous
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear that the "Girls Weekend" went well. I am happy that Lia was able to assist you with your reservation needs. We look forward to serving your lodging needs during your next "Girls Gettaway.
Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel room is very neat & clean. Lia at the front desk is very polite and professional, she is always willing to go above and beyond the front desk to ensure a pleasant stay. I just love the wi fi, its nice to know that you can get onto the internet with no or little problem. I will recommend this hotel, it is in a good locate everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We are so glad you enjoyed your most recent experience at our property and with our front desk representative Lia. With the new developments at the Hampton Towne Center, there are some great restaurants and venues just a short walk from the property. I am happy you were able to enjoy some of these during your visit.
We hope you can spend some time with us again real soon.
Millstone, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a night while passing through the area. Room was nice, neat and clean for a good price! Lots of places to go for fast food or sit down dining very close to hotel. There was no fridge, or microwave in our room though. Coffee & tea was provided in the lobby in the morning. everyone was polite and helpful! When checking out, Melissa gave us good directions to get to our next destination and beat the traffic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience. We are so glad you stopped by. I am so glad that Melissa was able to assist you with directions, especially when they saved you time. Not all of our rooms have a mircowave and refrigerator, but our Superior King does. In addtion it features a larger television, coffee pot, and soon will have irons and hairdryers. You will have to check one out next time you are in the area.
We will look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel's staff was very friendly and professional. I like the recent renovations to this hotel. It is definitely a good hotel if you are looking for a clean and budget friendly place to stay and I appreciate the free wi-fi. They don't have breakfast but that's ok, there are many eateries in the area to choose from.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent stay with us. I appreciate the positive comments about the employees and their customer service. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated rooms. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in the area.
Delaware
Reviewed January 26, 2013

On the positive side, the inn had friendly check in and check out, free wi-fi and my room was very cheap. It is also right in the middle of a commercial area with lots of stores and restaurants. We stayed here the night of a snow storm. The parking lot was covered with a sheet of ice so they obviously were not prepared to deal with the weather. The next day, the ice remained and was nice and frozen. As for the room, it was really dingy and the bathroom door did not close all the way. It was tidy, at least. All the rooms have outside doors. That meant VERY noisy people right outside the room all hours of the night, running, screaming, slamming doors. I had very little sleep. The vending machine took my money, the bed was lumpy and had hard pillows. For some reason, there was no hot water in sink. This location had no breakfast at all. Remember that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't stay here more than one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Supapam,
Thank you for sharing your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Red Roof Inn. I regret that your stay did not totally meet your expectations. Our team is committed to the safety and security of our guests, so the walkays were our fist priority to de-ice. I apologize that the parking lot caused you an incovenience. That was unusual weather for our area, and we will be sure to be better prepared in the future.
Our inn was recently remodeled and the mattresses and pillow are all brand new. This may be reason they felt hard.
I will be sure to share your comments with my team so that we can continue to improve on our guests' experiences.
Our goal is for all our guests to be 100% satisfied. We hope you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in our area.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I booked a stay in Hampton for 3 nights. We normally like “Red Roof Inn” and have stayed at several. Nothing like this experience though. The first room they gave us was dirty, toothpaste in the sink and cigarette butts in the tub, even though it was a non-smoking room. It reeked of smoke. We requested another room which looked and smelled much cleaner. I woke the next morning with red bites all over my legs and my wife had them on her back and arm. I was furious. We don’t know if it was bed bugs, fleas, or whatever. We packed our stuff and checked out. They refused to give us any money back because the room was “non-refundable”. That was fine because we needed to get out anyways. We paid for a nicer room at a nicer hotel. Save yourself the trouble and spend the extra money elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay with us; we strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us and I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I hope that we can discuss this matter further as any guests’ issue takes priority with my entire team in the hopes that we can rectify the situation immediately to ensure your 100% satisfaction; hoping that you will call us home anytime your travels bring you back to the Hampton area. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further and I can ensure your 100% comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!

Jessica Lewis, General Manager
1925 Coliseum Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
(757) 838-1870
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you want a stress free, keep it simple stay - this is the place to be! Charming staff to accommodate your needs, very clean rooms, hardwood floors with carpet under the beds, and pets welcome. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance with easy excess to the freeway and a short trip to the airport. This location is prepared for everything you may need and the staff as well. Thank you for a wonderful place to stay for the holiday!

Room Tip: Rooms are very generous in size.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy holiday season to write a review on your stay with us! My staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Vacation with us! We appreciate all of the kind words regarding your stay and love the fact that you really enjoyed our brand new rooms and the changes that we made during our renovation. Thank you for the feedback on the hardwood floors, brand new beds and bedding package, as well as the flat screen televisions; we hope that other guests will enjoy them as much as you did! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to our area!

Jessica Lewis, General Manager