We picked this hotel because we were in town for a five day basketball tournament and wanted more than just a standard hotel room and something affordable for the whole team. Considering this area has limited house rentals compared to Florida, this was an okay option. I thought the property was very neat looking on the inside and outside. We had the 1 bedroom suite that we shared with 3 other players. There was ample closet space and drawer space with a dresser in the bedroom and entertainment center in the living area with drawers. There was a large closet in the living and bedroom area. The bath room was a good size. The kitchen area was pretty well stocked with plates, glasses, pans and such. The appliances were very clean. The space looks brighter and larger in the stock photos because it was a little smaller than I expected. The downstairs laundry area was very clean and large with about 6 washers and 6-8 dryers. The "pantry" was always stocked. They used an "honor" system where you write down what you take and pay without anyone monitoring it. The exercise area was also clean and had about 6 different machines. The main hallways were clean and clutter free. The only negative was a slight smell in the room. I'm thinking maybe from a pet? We travel a lot so I always have carpet deodorizer, candles, and put dyer sheets over the air vents. The trash cans on the back stairs were always filled. They are rather small for the amount of people who use them. They were dumped frequently.
Oh, it is right around the corner from the Boo Williams facility. There were plenty of places to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Renovated Guest rooms. Feel free to experience the Candlewood Suites Hampton, VA. Enjoy our extended stay hotel offering apartment like studio and one bedroom suites, similar to corporate housing. At this recently renovated hotel, enjoy our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection, fully equipped kitchens, free local calls, and stay connected via our free high-speed Internet access. Unwind in our complimentary fitness center while using our free guest laundry. Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. We are a pet friendly hotel (fees apply). The hotel is convenient to numerous businesses, Langley AFB, Fort Monroe, NASA Research Center, Ft Eustis, Hampton Coliseum, Hampton University, Newport News Naval Base, and Hampton Convention Center. The hotel is 21 miles from Norfolk International Airport (ORF). US Armed Services and government employees are welcome at Candlewood Suites Hampton which always offers government per diem rates. Whether staying for business, pleasure, or relocation, the caring staff at the Candlewood Suites Hampton is ready to serve you! Consider us home while visiting Hampton Roads, Yorktown, Newport News, Williamsburg, Norfolk, and Suffolk, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Hampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Hampton Hotel Hampton
- Candlewood Hampton
- Hampton Candlewood Suites