“Ok, for the price”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Metro Atlanta
“Ok, for the price”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We picked this hotel because we were in town for a five day basketball tournament and wanted more than just a standard hotel room and something affordable for the whole team. Considering this area has limited house rentals compared to Florida, this was an okay option. I thought the property was very neat looking on the inside and outside. We had the 1 bedroom suite that we shared with 3 other players. There was ample closet space and drawer space with a dresser in the bedroom and entertainment center in the living area with drawers. There was a large closet in the living and bedroom area. The bath room was a good size. The kitchen area was pretty well stocked with plates, glasses, pans and such. The appliances were very clean. The space looks brighter and larger in the stock photos because it was a little smaller than I expected. The downstairs laundry area was very clean and large with about 6 washers and 6-8 dryers. The "pantry" was always stocked. They used an "honor" system where you write down what you take and pay without anyone monitoring it. The exercise area was also clean and had about 6 different machines. The main hallways were clean and clutter free. The only negative was a slight smell in the room. I'm thinking maybe from a pet? We travel a lot so I always have carpet deodorizer, candles, and put dyer sheets over the air vents. The trash cans on the back stairs were always filled. They are rather small for the amount of people who use them. They were dumped frequently.

Oh, it is right around the corner from the Boo Williams facility. There were plenty of places to eat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carla390
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you Carla390 for letting us know about your stay. I see you stayed with us last year. We have recently renovated all of our rooms and upgraded the wireless internet. Plus we are in the process of rolling out our new bedding package ! We hope to see you again this year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This Candlewood's is in a very convenient location, has excellent and helpful staff and is clean and ready for occupancy upon arrival. The rooms have been remodeled and are more efficient if you need to set up a mobile office. I run 2 pc's and an extra monitor and had no problem with space or the number of available power outlets.

Room Tip: Get on the backside third floor - view of the lake and sunrise!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SNORD9
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear SNORD9 thank you for sharing your experience with us. The renovations are amazing and so delighted you loved the new look. We recently upgraded our wireless internet as well. We hope to see you again. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I love the hotel the accommodations were great our hallway did smell really bad but the room was clean and nice. Stayed for two weeks because I had to. The problem we had was Pierre drained our bank account and by drained he charged our card when he was not suppose to so the my account was negative 500$ on the day the we were placing our deposit on our new house. Because of his "mistake" as they called it and his charge of over 1300$ we lost our house and now have to stay in the hotel even longer. Oh joy....thanks Pierre I really hate you. And hate is a strong word but you really screwed my family leaving us homeless until we can find another place... While we wait for your hotel to get us our money back which oh could take 5 to 7 business days...

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear rosecheely,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding accommodation.

However, We’re sorry about the billing confusion and poor customer service. We will review your feedback. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great place to stay! I had to coordinate several rooms for my daughter's volleyball team and spoke to Michele, Adam and George several times prior to my trip. They were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and the queen bed and lines very cozy. I especially liked all of the walking space and kitchen area. Much more space than your typically hotel room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth W
Thank you Beth W for sharing your experience with us. We have an amazing team here at Candlewood Hampton. Our goal is deliver exceptional service to all of our guest. I have shared your comments with the team. Again thank you for wonderful comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I just pcs'ed to the area, and after finding the Langley hotel didn't have the room I reserved, I called this hotel. The staff was very accommodating and got me settled in very quickly, at a great rate. The room was big, and clean, which was very important to me since I have a 3 year old. I stayed a little longer than I thought because I couldn't find a apt I liked. The hotel assured me this was no problem, and was always helpful in giving me suggestions where to look. Adam treated us like family, and we really felt comfortable asking his opinions about the area. All of the other staff members were always friendly, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Price is great. Area is quiet. Staff is phenomanol. Thanks Candlewood Suites, for the wonderful welcome to the area.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tmaeder12
Hampton, VA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The staff at this Candlewood Suites is TERRIFIC! Everyone has been very helpful for the three weeks that I have stayed here. One morning, one of the staff members even scraped my frosty windows before I headed off to work. The pantry has excellent choices for meals/snacks and use of the laundry facility is free. Easy access to Interstate 64, too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Connie C
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

property recently renovated.this property was very nice before the renovation. laundry and gym on property. great experience at this location. staff was very friendly and courteous. I would recommend this location for business or pleasure. great location for extended stays

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business