“Convenient, Clean and Friendly Staff”

Candlewood Suites - Hampton
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The staff at this Candlewood Suites is TERRIFIC! Everyone has been very helpful for the three weeks that I have stayed here. One morning, one of the staff members even scraped my frosty windows before I headed off to work. The pantry has excellent choices for meals/snacks and use of the laundry facility is free. Easy access to Interstate 64, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Connie C
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites - Hampton

Reviewed December 2, 2012

property recently renovated.this property was very nice before the renovation. laundry and gym on property. great experience at this location. staff was very friendly and courteous. I would recommend this location for business or pleasure. great location for extended stays

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leonX_756
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Overall my husband and I's 2+ month stay here was nice. We just relocated to the area and we had to stay here while we waited to get into our new house. The staff overall was very helpful and friendly. Aside from one assistant manager, during the stay I had zero complaint on any staff I encountered. Our room was clean and it was a very bearable 2+ months in a hotel .

Now had I written this review the day I left the hotel it would have been nothing but praises.

HOWEVER, after we checked out we encountered a great deal of headaches.
We accidentally left a bag of our belongings, one item extremely important. We checked out on a Sunday, I called Monday night when we realized they were gone and they said they would call us the next day. No call received. Called back on Thursday to be told our items were thrown away. The items were obviously not trash and were wrapped up to be protected. I was so disturbed that they were not put in a lost and found that I called guest services. They informed me that they should have put the items in a lost and found for 30-60 days. Guest services said that they would look into it and try to rectify the situation. They explained that it normally takes 48 hours but that I should hear something by the end of the weekend. Tuesday rolls around and still nothing. I called guest services back and they checked into it saying that the hotel claimed not to have received the original case and they would look into it and the GM would call me. I waited around until Thursday (Today) with still no call from the GM. Called guest services back only to be told immediately that it was my fault for leaving it and there was nothing he would do. I got off the phone even more aggravated that I had been lead to believe something was going to happen to rectify the situation that I called back and spoke again with someone else. They called the hotel again and they just claimed that our items were not found and that was the end of all conversations. My husband and I both are incredibly upset about how everything was handled. Yes, it was our fault for leaving a bag. However, it was clearly not trash and should have been placed in a lost and found. We stayed there for over two months; they could have at least given us a courtesy call asking if the items were trash. The hotels actions, as well as guest services actions, disappointed us. We are likely never to recommend or return to a Candlewood Suites. Possibly even boycott any other hotel associated with Candlewood after this experience.

Poor Customer Service is a deal breaker.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice comfortable rooms for long term stays away from your real home. They provide washers and dryers for free during your stay. They are very helpful and friendly. Adam and Diane are awesome. Because of my husbands work we have been here for several weeks and could turn into several months depending on the job so this has literally become our home away from home. Everyone here makes you feel at home as well. We recommend this hotel to anyone.....especially ones that travel with pets. Very clean, especially friendly and very affordable!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I live in the Hampton area in a neighborhood along the waterfront, and during Hurricane Sandy, my neighborhood flooded badly. My husband was on 24 hour duty and I was scared to be alone in our home with our two dogs in case power went out. I called the Candlewood Suites at 9am to ask when the earliest check in time would be (ordinarily 3pm). A guy named Adam was at the front desk and told me to come on in as soon as I wanted... he didn't want me to be stranded in the storm. When I arrived, I was visibly shaken up by the drive and my dogs were antsy and barking. Adam and another staff member Dana told me to relax and not worry about anything. They gave me a room near the front desk in case I needed anything, offered me a list of DVDs, and made me feel very safe and at ease. I was genuinely touched by the lengths they went to to make me feel comfortable after a stressful few hours. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE, if not for any other reason (the rooms was also big, clean, and comfortable), because the staff was amazing. I am very thankful to them!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank angela r
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Staying here was a very pleasant experience for my partner and me. We only stayed for three nights but plan on going back in the near future and staying longer. The rates were low and the suite was extremely comfortable, spacious and clean. It's a very relaxing place and you are made to feel right at home. Everyone at the front desk was very polite and congenial. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My family stayed here, in late August. We were there for a family emergency, and the staff was extremely accomodating. The rooms were clean, and the hotel was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family