“Expensive no longer open”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Frank Beamer's American Grill - CLOSED

Frank Beamer's American Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Located in Hampton's Peninsula Town Center
Description: Located in Hampton's Peninsula Town Center
Smithfield, Virginia
“Expensive no longer open”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant is no longer open in Hampton. Was expensive and not a very good location. Frank Beamer's restaurants are in several locations in Virginia. This Virginia Tech coach has tried several locations but not all of them were a good fit for the areas they were in. Good idea for a sports bar but a little upper class prices for this area.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JLDC

Hampton, Virginia
“acouple good things”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

steak was good one time . second time not so good had to send it back but was good second time but everyone was done bytime i got mine

Visited October 2012
virginia
“Food, Service, everything..just bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Since we are huge Tech fans just expected at least average but didn't even get that. Food was sub-par, overcooked and bland and service was worse. We won't be back.

Visited March 2011
Virginia
“Who knows what you'll get...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've been here twice, both times getting the same exact meal. The first time it was delicious. Best steak I had in a very long time. Mashed potatoes were awesome. Second time I felt like I was at Golden Corral. Horrible steak. Well I shouldn't say that because a Golden Corral steak was better...

Service each time was so so. Servers were not very knowledgeable about what was in some of the food. I was told I was getting a soup with asparugus, and cream , yet the soup was a clear broth and there was no asparagus to be found. When I asked the waiter what the soup was again, he said it had provolone ???? and artichokes in it .... Still have no clue what was in it.

California
“If Pizza, Burgers, and Fries Are Your Thing, This is the Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've now had lunch at this restaurant twice...which tells you that it is good enough to return to. Both times the service has been excellent. The first time, I had their pizza, which is very good. My husband had a burger and thought it was delicious. During this most recent visit my friend had the pizza and loved it and I had the New Orleans penne pasta. I wasn't crazy about it. The andouille sausage wasn't as spicy as it should've been. However, it was a satisfying meal. I do love their french fries. I think this will be more of a stop when I'm in the Town Center and craving pizza. Their prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is nice, so it's not somewhere I would rule out entirely, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice either.

• Visited August 2011