“acouple good things”

Description: Located in Hampton's Peninsula Town Center
Hampton, Virginia
“acouple good things”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

steak was good one time . second time not so good had to send it back but was good second time but everyone was done bytime i got mine

Visited October 2012

virginia
“Food, Service, everything..just bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Since we are huge Tech fans just expected at least average but didn't even get that. Food was sub-par, overcooked and bland and service was worse. We won't be back.

Visited March 2011
Virginia
“Who knows what you'll get...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've been here twice, both times getting the same exact meal. The first time it was delicious. Best steak I had in a very long time. Mashed potatoes were awesome. Second time I felt like I was at Golden Corral. Horrible steak. Well I shouldn't say that because a Golden Corral steak was better...

Service each time was so so. Servers were not very knowledgeable about what was in some of the food. I was told I was getting a soup with asparugus, and cream , yet the soup was a clear broth and there was no asparagus to be found. When I asked the waiter what the soup was again, he said it had provolone ???? and artichokes in it .... Still have no clue what was in it.

California
“If Pizza, Burgers, and Fries Are Your Thing, This is the Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've now had lunch at this restaurant twice...which tells you that it is good enough to return to. Both times the service has been excellent. The first time, I had their pizza, which is very good. My husband had a burger and thought it was delicious. During this most recent visit my friend had the pizza and loved it and I had the New Orleans penne pasta. I wasn't crazy about it. The andouille sausage wasn't as spicy as it should've been. However, it was a satisfying meal. I do love their french fries. I think this will be more of a stop when I'm in the Town Center and craving pizza. Their prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is nice, so it's not somewhere I would rule out entirely, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice either.

• Visited August 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Terrible Choice for Group Events”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our office had a farewell dinner for a coworker at Frank Beamer's; we had about 30 people in our group and reserved a small room. There were numerous problems from start to finish. First, the restaurant limited us to a choice of six entrees (which they let us know in advance); they wouldn't let us order off the regular menu for anything other than appetizers. It wasn't a terrible selection, but if our group came separately in couples, we'd all have still been seated and able to choose whatever we wanted.

The service was good at first with all drink orders promptly taken and served as people showed up. However, it quickly went down hill. The four people at my table were among the first to order, yet when served (30 minutes later), we were among the last. To make it worse, the waitress started delivering our food to the wrong table. One person at that table order the same entree I did (pizza), with some changes. He didn't realize it was the wrong order until after he put his fork into it. I told the waitress she gave my food to the other table, and she offered to get it and bring it to me -- after the other person started to eat it.

Another person at my table ordered a hamburger; it was cold. We realized our food had been waiting for sometime in the kitchen before the waitstaff brought it out. A third person had salad and said the dressing was too heavy and sweet.

This was my first time to Frank Beamer's (and probably my last), but a coworker has come here for several functions and said it was a poor experience each time.

There were others in our group who appeared to enjoy the service and their meal, but the experience at our table was terrible. None of the food they offered was out of the ordinary for a bar & grill, but it was priced higher than other better restaurants.

I did speak with a manager about our experience; he was apologetic and asked what he could do to make it right. At that point I'd been waiting for 45 minutes to eat; I decided to forego the meal and just enjoy the company of my coworkers. He did not adjust the bill for the coworker with the cold food, though he didn't charge me for the Coke I had (how generous).

My first experience with Frank Beamer's wasn't so terrible that I'd have never gone back, but knowing that friends had poor to mediocre experiences in the past tells me this isn't a restaurant that I want to take a chance on, especially when there are far better choices in the same area.

• Visited July 2011