“Brent's Delivers a Delicious Dining Experience”
Review of Brent's - CLOSED

Brent's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened in a much needed niche in downtown Hampton, fine dining.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been wanting to try Brent's for awhile so I was excited to visit for a girl's night out dinner with friends. We arrived at 6pm and were seated immediately (with a reservation). The inside is quaint with tables against the left wall, a bar on the right when you first come in, and then an open cooking area on the right as you go farther back. Our waitress Melanie was friendly and accommodated all of our requests, which we greatly appreciated. Happy hour drink specials included two house wines, a red and a white. I really liked the red, which was a Malbec.

We had appetizers, salads, and an entree. For the appetizer, two of us had two different flatbreads, which we both loved. The ingredients were fresh. Our friend had the bean dip and it was HUGE and delicious also. Score for the first course! We then had salads and soups, with my one friend enjoying the cream of broccoli, and the other two of us getting side salads with their house dill dressing, which has to be one of the best dressings that I have tasted. I wish I could've bottled it up and took it home with me :-) The salad was also fresh and a perfect size.
When it came to entrees, I couldn't even tell you what my friends had because I was too focused on my applewood bacon filet mignon, which was excellent! The gravy was just a tad heavy for me, but the potatoes really balanced that out, and the steak itself was perfectly cooked and moist. At all points of the meal I felt as though I was given high quality, delicious ingredients. Because we were all so full, we were unable to squeeze in dessert, but I'll definitely be trying it next time!

All three of us agreed that we will be back to visit this gem of a restaurant much more often now that we had such a pleasant experience. Queens Way is a hidden gem when it comes to dining in Hampton because it offers a variety of options. Without question, Brent's is now my new favorite on the block :-)

1  Thank MakingMemories317
William S, Owner at Brent's, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you ladies for the review. Will build our business from your reviews. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Brent's

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My two girlfriends and I went to Brents on a Thursday evening and enjoyed awesome drinks and fantastic food. I had a few screwdrivers, and my girlfriends had lemon pound cake and holi-tini martinis. All three were fabulous! The prawn, sausage and spinach pasta was amazing! Both my girlfriends had the flatbreads which they were both very impressed with. The service and scene were excellent and was a lovely ladies night out!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was so excited by their recent move to tapas and specials that were delicious. Then I tried their special ribs night. Been there so many times and they've done a nice job, never disappoints. I don't know where they are buying their meat but it was horrible. Worst ribs I have ever had. Dry, little meat, lots of bone. What the heck happened? Are they cheating on the quality of the meat? Something is very wrong. I still have faith in the staff but if you're going to get chintsy on the meat, this could be our swan song. Get it together now. They may not think we know the difference but we really do. Buy the good stuff..................please.

William S, Owner at Brent's, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We are sorry that the ribs were not up to our usual high standard. We wish you would have brought this up with Brent at the time of the problem so we could have resolved the problem that night. Thank you for letting us know of the problem because we can now check the ribs,

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not only do I love the atmosphere of Brents but the food is Wonderful. Brent is one of the best chefs around and we even hired him to cater my sisters wedding and there was not one complaint from the food or staff.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Since the food selections and specials have changed so dramatically recently, I wanted to write another review. Always a pleasure to eat here but the new changes will bring me back more frequently. Brent's has tilted to a nice selection of specials and tapas, all very good. They have $5 tapas, some nights are $3 and these are really good items. Chef Mike (Wheat) can really churn out some good food. The southwestern egg rolls are great and if you like your food spicey, they have a jalapeno mayo sauce that will put the burn on your palate. I've grown to love the special polenta that Mike whips up on request. Can't beat it for yummy. Good soups, a new rib special, pork fried rice, sushi, fresh bread and the list goes on. A new updated wine list makes our visits long ones. PS, nightly happy hour specials are a great deal too. Highly recommend the new and fresher look to all.