“Great Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went here to celebrate a birthday with an early dinner. We were a party of 7 with 2 small kids. Waiter was exceptional, very attentive, especially with the kids. Food came out quickly and was cooked perfectly. All in all a great time, never a bad experience here.

• Visited August 2013

Wurtsboro, New York
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Waited with my famity( a party of five and a baby. Waited a long time then hostess said our table was ready and then after we all got up and lost our waiting area seats she then said that we didn't have a table. She said they are just cleaning
G off another table for us and it would be a few minutes. That turned into 20 minutes and would of been more if we did not complain. We then waited at our table for approx. 15-20 minutes just to get water meanwhile people around us that sat down after us were already giving food orders to their server. I got up and asked to speak to the mgr and waited another 20 minutes. The whole dining experience was a disaster including the food which came out cold. WIll NE V E R go back EV E R

• Visited June 2013
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Food OK, service, not so much”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have not been to a Lone Star Steakhouse in many years as I am not a fan of chain restaurants. However, a couple of people I was with were in the mood for a steak and this was an available option. All in all, our meals were fine. We each ordered a steak and each one was cooked perfectly. However, they were out of both garlic mashed potatoes and the stuffed mushrooms. Looks like the kitchen manager had the week off. It is those kind of missteps that keep me away from places like this. I doubt they make the mashed potatoes fresh, so who wasn't paying attention they were running low? Rachel was our server and it is hard to say anything nice about her. My wife and I ordered drinks, and Rachel had no idea what Tanqueray was and she did not understand what my wife was ordering when she said she wanted a bourbon, served neat. We had to tell her four times what we wanted, then had to explain it. How can someone who works in a restaurant/bar for a living not know some very simple drink orders? Later on, she also forgot to put in the order for a glass of wine and just seemed to be about one step behind all night. Lone Star does have call-ahead seating. I do recommend it. We called, and told them we would be there in an hour. When we walked in, we were seated in about 2 minutes as opposed to those who were waiting an hour for a table.

• Visited February 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Super-modern and terrific service”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ate here twice after the first delightful late lunch; servers are great, knowledgeable, courteous and food, even burgers, rock! Came back for a second dinner meal and was equally impressed. Beautifully appointed.

Visited July 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A great place to "CHILL"”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been to this location a number of times and never seem to remember just how "cold" they keep it. Food quality has been OK but nothing to rave about. Service is very good, but meal preparation time is very slow. So overall this is not a location that I can recommend.

• Visited July 2012