“Good place, no problems” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Hampton

Courtyard Hampton
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Virginia
“Good place, no problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

Stayed here two nights for a wedding. Exactly what I expected; nice but not excellent. Room was average for the price; a mini-fridge would have been nice. Bed was very comfortable though, and the room was clean (grout in the bathroom could have used some work). We were on the first floor, and the patio door opened to the pool, very convenient. Staff was excellent; a random maintenance worker even dropped what he was doing and held the door for us. The hotel was very well located near I64, shopping, and within walking distance of the Coliseum. Road work in front of the hotel was a pain though. Breakfasts were free with our stay, and were pretty good for a hotel buffet.

• Liked — Location, price
  • Disliked — Lack of fridge, microwave
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank demigrog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

This is the third time I've stayed here at the Courtyard in Hampton. A previous review commented about the noise, and I do have to agree that July 13 and 14 were pretty noisy, but the other nights here were fine. The room was very nice and clean, and I even got a refrigerator this time. Sooner or later this construction work at the Coliseum will be completed, and this property will be even better. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast buffet is good. Go earlier than 9 AM for breakfast on weekends when there is a convention.

• Liked — Clean, quick check-in, good breakfast, free high speed internet access
  • Disliked — Contruction work nearby
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MrsRocketScience
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2007

The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The only problem and kind of a big problem was the noise factor. At midnight were awoken by noisy people in the parking lot and it seemed like that went on for a while. Then the next day we had little kids running in the room above us and it sounded like the roof was going to cave in. I know noise is expected in a hotel believe me I don't normally complain about stuff like this but it was so annoying I had to mention it.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank CatMom2013
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

I am always so skeptical when I select a hotel. I am extremely anal about every little thing. I cannot stay somewhere that I am not comfortable. This stay was excellent. The room was extremely clean and great linen. There is an awesome $8.00 hot breakfast buffet (grits, bacon, hash browns, eggs, etc.) and the staff was pleasant and accommodating. It is less than a five minute ride from Newport News and about 20 minutes to Bush Gardens. STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — clean rooms and good quality linen
  • Disliked — no restaurant
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank plztrustme
East Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2007

I stayed at the Courtyard Mariott in Hampton for a week on a business trip for a conference at thenearby Hampton Roads Convention Center.

Upon arrival, I was greeted promptly and courteously by the wonderful front desk staff at the Courtyard. The front desk checkin was quick and efficient, and I was asked which floor I preferred. The front desk also took the time to recommend local restuarants and things to do during my stay.

My room was quite spacious and well-appointed. The hotel had obvioiusly been rennovated recently because everything looked new and clean. The bed was comfortable, and there were many pillows to choose from. The AC unit was excellent and there was great water pressure throughout my stay. I never heard any loud noises, and there was a USA today at my door each morning. Internet access was free and fast.

In the lobby, there were trays of cookies out each night, and a never ending pot of hot coffee on tap. I dined at the hotel restuarant each morning, which was only open for breakfast. Breakfast was hot, fresh and good each day, and well priced.

My only complaints had to do with the cleaning staff timing - although they did a wonderful job, they did tend to arrive at my room very early each morning. They would typically want to enter and clean before 9AM each day. Of course, this can be solved by handing the do not disturb sign. Also, the road leading to the Mariott was under construction during my stay, which made exiting and entering inconvienent at times.

If I have to go to HRCC or even Hampton Roads again, I will no doubt stay at the Courtyard. I had a wonderful experience here and I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and how spacious the rooms were.

• Liked — Size of room and comfort level
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank gargamel
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2007

I stay in a lot of Marriotts every year, but the staff at this property is head and shoulders above the rest!

From check in to check out, they work very hard to ensure you are satisfied with the service. An example: I asked the front desk for a corkscrew and while they said another guest had run off with one they kept at the front desk, a staffer went to the kitchen and searched for several minutes. She came back and said "We don't have one in the kitchen, but I will run to the store to get you one".

All of the front desk folks were great, especially Tawanda, who went way out of her way to get me a great room at 3 a.m. after my stay at another nearby hotel was so intolerable, I called the Courtyard in desperation.

You arrive here as a guest, but leave with a lot of new friends.

Stay here - you will NOT be disappointed.

• Liked — Friendly, accommodating staff
  • Disliked — Road in front of hotel torn up for construction
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank BarefootTom
Reston, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

Excellent service and newly renovated. I've stayed at this hotel on three occasions and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2005