“5/5 if people who stayed here were a little more courteous and internet wasn't crawling”
Review of Courtyard Hampton

Courtyard Hampton
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
baltimore, md
Reviewed July 13, 2010

2nd stay in 2 weeks. i stayed at springhill here in hampton previously. it was, as those reviewed from here stated, not well kept and the breakfast was no where near as good as here at the courtyard marriott (1 of the best hotel breakfasts i can recall). staff is very friendly. it's in a great location...near numerous restaurants, both fast food and sit-down. rooms are pretty clean. only complaints include guests that enjoy standing outside peoples' doors at night talking, occasionally noise guests at the pool, and the walls / ceilings are not made of solid iron (you can hear guests 'getting around' in the morning). also, there is no wireless internet and the plug-in internet is slower than s#*t.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sferrell615

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gretna
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Each year we travel to Hampton, VA for our State SkillsUSA competition and stay in hotels near the Hampton Convention Center. This year we moved from our previous hotel we had stayed in for years and what a wonderful change. The Courtyard Marriott staff, rooms, grounds were simply the best!!! We travel with high school students and the staff at Courtyard treated everyone with respect . The whirlpool was wonderful after a day of walking, the rooms and free internet the best. My only complaint was the mattress sagged alittle and I had to sleep in the middle to keep from rolling off. My roomate did not have this trouble with the other bed. It wasn't bad enough to complain. When asked for extra coffe it was given with a smile and we were asked if there was anything else we needed. I just can't say enough good stuff about this hotel. Close to the Coliseum and Convention Center. Great restaurants within walking distance. The rates were comparible to other hotels surrounding the coliseum area. Thanks Hampton Courtyard Marriott for a refreshing, wonderful time .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mommapiep
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed here for 7 nights during a work conference at the Convention Center. Our first choice had been sold out, so we ended up here. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Mary at the front desk was wonderful and greeted me by name every time she saw me. I only have 2 minor complaints. Breakfast is decent, but after 7 days gets old. I wish they would rotate items so we don't have to eat the same stuff every day...ugh! The other complaint was the noise. I had a room near the elevator and ice machine and it drove me nuts. When I tried napping during the day, all I would hear was banging and housekeepers yelling, "HOUSEKEEPING!!" over and over again. On my final day, they had given us a one hour late check out. I was napping (I was sick that week) when I heard a bang at my door evern though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. When I yelled out that I wasn't interested, she kept asking me questions about my checkout time. Don't they have a computer for that? All in all, I would recommend this hotel is you are far from the elevator and don't get sick:)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank luv2travel821
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 25, 2010

There is nothing truly wrong with this average hotel. We stayed here the night of a concert at Hampton Coliseum. It was right next door so that worked out perfect. With that said, from checking in, to asking for a couple extra towels, to getting a cot delivered to our room, it was as if the staff here was going out of their way to do us a huge favor each time. Basically it was bad, lackluster, and unfriendly service throughout. I am also curious to the hiring process at this hotel as everyone there seemed, for lack of a better description, like a complete idiot.

I have Marriot Rewards so I did get some points by staying here, and I did sleep okay, but I'm not proud of these points, nor would I stay here again.

Oh yea, they never did deliver us our cot either. They must have been using the Playstation at the time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lunarluau
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I wanted a quick overnight getaway and had accumulated reward points so when doing my reservation, this hotel was chosen for my category. I'm so glad it was! Service was very friendly with checking in and out. The room was nice, clean and smelled very fresh (not that musty smell that rooms sometimes have). The lobby was fabulous with the beautiful fireplace where I had a chance to sit and read...very relaxing since I almost dozed off. Location was great...good shopping and great restaurants close by.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aldora G
Woodbridge, VA
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I travel a lot on business and at least once a week to the Hampton area. This is without a doubt my favorite hotel. The staff is very friendly and I'm happy with the rooms I get. All have a balcony. As I travel for the government that rate includes breakfast and it's a very nice buffet with both hot and cold food and lots of fruit. There is a fruit bowl there all day and coffee is available most. The restaurant is available for a fee for those who do not have it included. It's only open for breakfast. The rooms are nicely appointed and the bed comfy. The king has a sofa in it, perfect for watching TV (it still is a CRT TV though). The pool is in the center court, not the parking lot like most hotels. The location is quiet considering the location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank annenet
New England
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed 1 night, very rude, room had no hot water in the am (5am), bed was terrible, 2 thumbs down.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business