“Impeccable Customer Service”

Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After years of dealing with Hilton Hotels, I have never encountered the level of customer service and attention that is given in this hotel. The young ladies are extremely sensitive to the needs of the customer. Sabrina, Karen, Jamel, and Nita make this place well worth the money and the stay. The ladies seem to immerse themselves in the needs of the customer, not because they have to, but because they want to. They really showed their appreciation for us and gave us everything we needed. The hotel is nicely furnished, the eating areas were immaculate, and the classrooms were always ready and available.
FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hampton109, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

It has been our pleasure to serve you ! Thank you so much for keeping us Motivated . We always look forward to your visit ! A Special Thank you from Sabrina , Karen , Jamel and Nita !

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I often stay at Hampton Inns when on business travel, and this one offered the quality and amenities I have come to expect. The beds are especially comfortable, and I can always count on a good night's sleep. In addition to a nice, clean room, the breakfast area was large and well-stocked. This hotel is also close to a shopping area and restaurants (a short drive away). I plan to stay here again when I am on business in Hampton, VA.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for Staying with us at The Hampton Inn ! We look forward to welcoming you back again !!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Overall this is a ok hotel. The room was clean and the bed was the usual Hampton Inn confortable bed. My issue with this location is based on the road noise and ambulance noise from the hospital across the street. I reccomend requesting a room that overlooks the parking lot for a much more peaceful sleep. I also had issues with children runiing up and down the stairs and slamming the stairwell door which was adjacent to my room. This seemed to be a daily occurence around 9:30 to 10:00 every night. I made several calls to the front desk and never once saw a staff member come up to address the issue.

Room Tip: I reccomend requesting a room that overlooks the parking lot for a much more peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kiara2, Manager at Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay with us. The issue you mentioned regarding level of responsiveness from our front desk staff has been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice Hampton Inn with helpful ladies at the desk. Clean hallways, entrance, and grounds. Room was nicely furnished and we had a quiet peaceful rest after a long flight. Delicious breakfast and coffee. We are on our way south to yet another Hampton Inn in a small town in North Carolina for a week. Hope the next Hampton is as well kept as this one.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Toured Hampton University with 15 year old daughter. Chose Hampton Inn because of location. Great, hot breakfast. Comfortable bed. Great night's sleep. Refrigerator in room was a bonus. Staff suggested a restaurant that was wonderful. Plan to visit the area again soon and will most likely stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I went with my family of four (includes two boys 10 and 7) for a one-night stay. We had a handicap access queen double. I really enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. The beds were clean and comfortable. The staff was efficient. The included breakfast was actually delicious (hot eggs, fruit salad, home fried potatoes and fresh waffles). The price was higher than most, but it's worth it to me if I feel comfortable and I did.

Room Tip: I liked the spaciousness of the handicap access room (that was all that was left at the time). I ca...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Good value. Decent breakfast. Great location. Exercise fitness room does open til 6 am, too late for me to use since I have to be on the road by that time. Most other places I've stayed are open 24-7.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business