“Awesome Stay. Front desk Meccah and Danielle were the best. Keep our group together and helped with everything from ice to greet”

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Hot day
Thanks for maintenance mike for getting us ice.
Great location. Right on the water.
Front desk staff Meccah and Daniella are what every business needs at the front door. And special tanks to house keeping Jana ( hope I spelled her name ok)

Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2013
Melvin N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We Thanks again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rooms have a musty (stuffy) smell. The carpets are dirty. The water in the shower was clogged up (The water came just above my ankles). There was no refrigerator in the room. (Only if you request one at the first desk ( a limited supply). The only positive about staying here is the Marina View!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SEWILSON
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear SEWILSON,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
case manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a work training. I was excited prior to arrival but I was a bit disappointed once I arrived. I'm no hotel snob but I do have minor expectations. I arrived on a Sunday and the elevator from the parking garage to the hotel was not working. There was no sign until you got to the bottom level where there was an out of order sign on that elevator. I left on Wednesday and the elevator is still out of order. The pool was empty and obviously not opened during my entire stay. I ordered room service for breakfast. No complaints about the food but 24+ hours after eating my food and my tray were still sitting outside my door. I went to Oyster Alley for dinner and sat by myself at a table for approximately 5 minutes. I never saw an employee and no one ever approached me to ask me if I wanted anything. There were other patrons that had already been served. Needless to say, I left. My room was nice. It was a little outdated and musty and there were signs of wear and tear. There was no bathtub in my room, just a shower. I did enjoy the view of the water. I can say that I would not choose to stay here again. If my company were to send me here I suppose I wouldn't have a choice. I had much higher hopes. Oh, the staff was very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear klglori,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and kind.

However, I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you encountered with our elevator and for the inconveniences you had with the level of service provided in the restaurant.

I have taken note of your comments and these will be used for future upgrades. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we still hope that you consider staying with us and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our product.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Me and my wife went to this hotel on June 1, 2013. When we made our reservations all we asked was there a pool & an AC unit.(this was in April) So when we arrived the pool was closed and the room was 80. If they had told us we would have stayed somewhere else. (i guess that's why they didn't ) There was no refrigerator in the room to even keep our drinks cold.I went with a large group of bowlers to the state bowling tournament. They said they would "provide and unforgettable weekend for you" well that they did and i won't soon forget it. This was our first and last trip to the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Call first!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jesse F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Jesse F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I apologize that you were inconvenienced with the shortcomings received in the service of the staff. This is definitely not up to standards and I assure you your comments will be relayed to them to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for the candid review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this property on May 30, 2013. Not only was the marina bay location breath taking, but I had an incredible view of the morning sunrise. I stay at a lot of different properties with my job but what stood out at this one was their amazing customer service. In particular, Kyle at the front desk and Michael, the Bellman put the "c" in "customer service". While on this trip, I got injured at the airport and ended up on crutches and missed my flight. So I went back to the hotel for my second night, had the same room and because of my injury, Michael gave me a ride to my room on the luggage cart! Kyle was very concerned and went out of his way to help me as well. If I am every in Hampton again, I hope to secure another fabulous room at this hotel. The Maritime Décor was a very nice touch throughout the property. And the food was delicious! Thanks again to Kyle and Michael for being so gracious!

Room Tip: if you like the sunrise, ask for a room with that view. I not only had a view of the marina, but th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the management and staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our guest service. Thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in.The view on the 9th floor Executive suite was beautiful. The lights surrounding the Marina were generous especially the nights it was a full moon. It's a very relaxing place to stay and there lots of shopping in the surrounding area. The Patrick Henry Mall is a nice Mall to go and shop not far from the Hotel. It's just in the area of Newport News which is about 30 minutes away. The rooms at Hotel were clean and comfortable to stay in and service and staff are very nice. Restaurant had good food and breakfast buffet was good. Just a nice place to get away for a few days or longer. They treated the Elks Lodge members really nice and we thank them for their service. The noise didn't bother us in our room and you go to enjoy your self a little. And we were part of the Elk Lodge and had a wonderful time there. If I am correct that's Banquet rooms are for the guest to enjoy them selves. Again wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pinkie234

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found our staff to be courteous, helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed our breakfast!
We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

These rooms are great for an overnight or a weekend stay. Clean and good location. Walking distance to many good restaurants and the air and space center. The view is pretty and and the bump out windows in the rooms are a really cool feature. Otherwise, the rooms are a bit small, but not out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel and finding it to be a " Cool Spot " I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our efforts. Thank you.