Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnautical themeparking garageair and space museumoystersoutdoor restaurantcorner roomfront desk staffvirginia beachomeletregattacollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Me and my wife went to this hotel on June 1, 2013. When we made our reservations all we asked was there a pool & an AC unit.(this was in April) So when we arrived the pool was closed and the room was 80. If they had told us we would have stayed somewhere else. (i guess that's why they didn't ) There was no refrigerator in the room to even keep our drinks cold.I went with a large group of bowlers to the state bowling tournament. They said they would "provide and unforgettable weekend for you" well that they did and i won't soon forget it. This was our first and last trip to the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Call first!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jesse F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Jesse F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I apologize that you were inconvenienced with the shortcomings received in the service of the staff. This is definitely not up to standards and I assure you your comments will be relayed to them to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for the candid review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this property on May 30, 2013. Not only was the marina bay location breath taking, but I had an incredible view of the morning sunrise. I stay at a lot of different properties with my job but what stood out at this one was their amazing customer service. In particular, Kyle at the front desk and Michael, the Bellman put the "c" in "customer service". While on this trip, I got injured at the airport and ended up on crutches and missed my flight. So I went back to the hotel for my second night, had the same room and because of my injury, Michael gave me a ride to my room on the luggage cart! Kyle was very concerned and went out of his way to help me as well. If I am every in Hampton again, I hope to secure another fabulous room at this hotel. The Maritime Décor was a very nice touch throughout the property. And the food was delicious! Thanks again to Kyle and Michael for being so gracious!

Room Tip: if you like the sunrise, ask for a room with that view. I not only had a view of the marina, but the sunrise as well. what better way to start your day?
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Melvin N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the management and staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our guest service. Thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in.The view on the 9th floor Executive suite was beautiful. The lights surrounding the Marina were generous especially the nights it was a full moon. It's a very relaxing place to stay and there lots of shopping in the surrounding area. The Patrick Henry Mall is a nice Mall to go and shop not far from the Hotel. It's just in the area of Newport News which is about 30 minutes away. The rooms at Hotel were clean and comfortable to stay in and service and staff are very nice. Restaurant had good food and breakfast buffet was good. Just a nice place to get away for a few days or longer. They treated the Elks Lodge members really nice and we thank them for their service. The noise didn't bother us in our room and you go to enjoy your self a little. And we were part of the Elk Lodge and had a wonderful time there. If I am correct that's Banquet rooms are for the guest to enjoy them selves. Again wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pinkie234

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found our staff to be courteous, helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed our breakfast!
We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

These rooms are great for an overnight or a weekend stay. Clean and good location. Walking distance to many good restaurants and the air and space center. The view is pretty and and the bump out windows in the rooms are a really cool feature. Otherwise, the rooms are a bit small, but not out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel and finding it to be a " Cool Spot " I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our efforts. Thank you.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We checked into this hotel on a Friday afternoon for 2 nights. I am a Priority Club member and booked the hotel on the hotel's website. Check-in was easy and pleasant.

For some reason the door was hard to open - didn't quite fit right in the jamb and you had to push really hard to get it open. Not a big deal to me - just worth a mention. Once inside the room I was impressed. My first thoughts: clean and crisp. The nautical decor was nice - not over the top but just enough.

We had a king, marina view (which costs more) room. I wouldn't call this a marina view, so I called the front desk. The clerk wanted to move me to a suite, but the manager wouldn't allow it. The only other "marina view" room open was on the second floor and the clerk told me that the room I had was a better view. The hotel considers this room "marina view" - you decide for yourself.

The bed was extraordinary! It was so very comfortable that we went out and bought a memory foam mattress topper for our bed at home! The pillows were great as well. You will absolutely get the rest you need at this hotel. There was no noise from other rooms or outside to bother us.... we had a great night's sleep both nights.

The bathroom was quite nice as well, the decor just right and very clean. A big plus in my opinion is the telescoping magnified mirror. It is so helpful to have when we older gals put on our make-up! My only complaint is that the shower doors were hard to move - they just wouldn't slide - they had to be picked up sort of and helped along the track.

The amenities were awesome! from Templespa the regular amenities were as good as those I use at home- and, well - the "sleep tight" packet was incredible. I used them just as the packet suggested and it was very relaxing. The foot balm was fabulous!!! These amenities were so nice that I left a note for housekeeping to please provide us with a few more because we used up that which came with the room. After a long day of trekking around Busch Gardens I was really looking forward to a hot shower and the footbalm...unfortunately housekeeping ignored my request (and their tip reflected that).

I thought I had booked our room with free breakfast, so we both went down and ate - and was then presented with a bill for $29.95...so I went to the front desk. Tawanna looked up my reservation and advised me that I had not booked the rate with breakfast. I asked what the rate difference was - $5.00. I asked if she could just change my code and I'd pay the $5.00. She said only going forward, so I was stuck with the $29.95 bill. I asked to see the Manager, I told Tawanna that between the disappointing view and this I was really frustrated. She said to me: "You know what? You're a Priority Club member. I can GIVE you breakfast. And she did." Her courtesy made the difference between a not so great stay and a great stay. Because of this, when we return to the area in July I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member and writing a review of our hotel. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our efforts.
Thank you.