Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewsnautical themeparking garageair and space museumoystersoutdoor restaurantcorner roomfront desk staffvirginia beachomeletregattacollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just wanted to share the wonderful we recieved during our stay last night at the Hampton Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. The receptionist, Rachel was wonderful in her ability to make us feel at home and recommending some great sites to see and places to eat.

Room Tip: Room was spacious with an Amazing veiw over the Marina; the Sunrise was a definate advantage to make our early moring rise a pleasent one along with the great spa treats for a restful sleep!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMofHamptonMarina, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate the kind remarks and hope to see you again in the near future. I will share your thoughts with Rachel! Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stay over a weekend where the hotel had many functions going on. Despite this, the staff were very responsive, friendly and helpful.

I had a room with a king-sized bed on the third floor overlooking the street. This was a nice quiet room, despite its proximity to a busy road. In addition to the bed, the room had a sofa, chair, ottoman, desk, drawers and large-screened television. I loved the extra "spa" lotions that came in the bathroom and wished they were replaced daily.

I had no problem with the WiFi. There was a burned out bulb in the room and the TV remote control batteries had died. These were both taken care of within minutes of me bringing it to their attention, despite this being an extremely busy weekend for the hotel. The room was clean and pleasant. I was grateful for the "privacy" clip on the curtain that helped block out the sun.

Meals were expensive at the hotel and the nearby breakfast spot was closed for renovation. I enjoyed the one tiny meal that I had in the restaurant, but then wound up buying breakfast at the 7-11 down the road and dinner at a nearby restaurant. The location was terrific - within a block was the Virginia Air & Space Museum and not much farther was the Hampton history museum, shops and restaurants. Parking for the hotel was free in a multi-level garage next to the hotel.

(The outdoor pool was closed.)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff, and happy to hear they were able to assist throughout your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you did not decide to have breakfast with us and understand a more economical breakfast was the right choice for you, we will definitely take a look at our pricing and find a more reasonable a la carte menu to suit everyone. Thank you for the suggestion. We hope to serve you again at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

A little hesitant to write this because I'd like to keep it all to myself! Tawanna at the front desk is the best! I see why though. LaTonya, her manager is just as Accommodating. The views are spectacular whether you want a sunrise or a sunset!
An incredible value for being just minutes from everything!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking to the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I understand you wanting to keep your hidden gem all to yourself, but we appreciate you getting the word out about us!! Thank you for mentioning LaTonya and Tawanna, I will share your comments with each of them. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Passing thru again, used hotwire to book this room. We were near the elevator on the 3rd floor and we often think near-elevator rooms are used for other purposes...and there was no extra lock on our door.

Our room had a side view of the marina, overlooking the entrance to the hotel and the garage parking. For a one night stay it was ok. The beds were softer than we like, but the marina is really nice. We were a couple of blocks from the Virgina Air and Space Center and had easy access to the interstate. Lots of stuff to do downtown. Not too far from the airport and there is a shopping center across from the airport.

The staff was nice and friendly. We did not have need to use the restaurant or business center on this trip. The pillows were small. We stayed in a Crowne Plaza in March that we have yet to review and we don't remember the pillows being so small.

The bathroom was horrible. Again, we didn't call management about moving because of the hassle of moving four people and tired kids. But we were really taken aback. Will attach pictures. The tub had a slow drain and use new tiles. The hotel lobby and outside hotel pictures are exactly as on their website, but they must be still renovating, because this bathroom was missed.

If we had to do it all over again, we would stay here for the convenience and the price, but I would check the room first before unloading the car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina (not over the garage or hotel entrance) to get the full view of the marina. Ask to check the room first. Try not to get a near-elevator room. We didn't experience noise from travelers, but our bathroom left much to be desired.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review regarding your most recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. We appreciate the time!

As stated many times before our hotel prides itself on the friendly and outgoing nature of our staff and I am happy to hear your encountered this during your stay.

We are currently going through a bedding refresh and hope you will get to enjoy our new 250 thread count sheets and larger pillows during your next visit with us!

The bathrooms are being addressed and currently we are focusing on our showers and I am disappointed that you didn't get to see that great work being done to them.

I hope to see you at our hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact us for your next visit and we will make sure your stay is perfect! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel was in a great location and the staff was awesome at making sure my needs were met. My son and I just fell in love with CeCe in the restaurant! We were with a group and she made us feel at home away from home. We will definitely come back to see her.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank fsmith779
GMofHamptonMarina, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I have shared your comments with "CeCe" and the restaurant staff.

Thank you again, we hope to see you soon at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina!