“THE MOST accommodating staff EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
yorktown, va
“THE MOST accommodating staff EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of dealing with the staff of the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina for about 1 1/2 months prior to January 12, 2013. I was desperately trying to find a place to hold a retirement dinner. With no budget for this, and minimal employees donating I was so excited when the F&B/ or restaurant Mgr said they could help us! They arranged a beautiful, delicious, very affordable dinner for our 80 guests. They set up a beautiful room for us and catered to our every need. They offered a wonderful group ROOM rate, which my husband and I took advantage of. The room was very well appointed with a beautiful view of the marina. Everything was clean. Flat screen TV, updated room. I would like to mention the names of Cecible--I wish I knew her last name..but she was the nicest person. Mr Kevin Wade, Nettie and Tuwana were others that I delt with that were the BEST!! They all worked so very hard to help us. I just want to say THANKS AGAIN !!! You made our group's evening extra special!! Sincerely, Cathy Redmond

Room Tip: Every room I have ever stayed at here is great!! They even upgraded us to a suite once and it was f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Ms. Redmond,

Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful experience you had with our Crowne Plaza Hotel. My team had informed me of your original reservation for our restaurant for a much smaller group and I was pleased that you allowed us to move your guests into our ballroom because your guest list grew so much from your original count. By you allowing us to do that I feel that we were able to make your guests more comfortable. Thank you for acknowledging the staff that went above and beyond to ensure the success of your event. I know this was a special night for you and your guests and I am glad that we were able to give you warm and happy memories. Please remember us for any future events you may have!

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
SAYREVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fabulous hotel, nice restaurant. We had a room overlooking the marina and had some spectacular views. Awesome service, good food and close to Colonial Williamsburg. Will stay again. Very reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Al,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad to hear that you had such a pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff works hard to ensure that our guests enjoy a great relaxing stay with us. Please feel free to stay with us when in the Hampton area again!

Kind Regards,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina is an excellent all-around hotel. We stayed 4 days with a one day break in the middle while we travelled to North Carolina and they ensured we got the same fabulous room when we returned. Views are wonderful, lounge is excellent, room service is great, and the suites are magnificent for the price. Everything you need is in the hotel...which is good since this is Hampton and after dark excursions should be made cautiously. My most Highly recommended in the area. Front desk, housekeeping and service staff were always welcoming and ready to please. Location is central to Norfolk, Williamsburg and Virginia Beach and all major military bases in the area.

Room Tip: Use your priority club to ensure an upgrade. Ask for the executive suite. Best views and very quie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful experience at our Crowne Plaza. I am glad that our staff made you feel so welcome and accommodated you with one of our rooms with a great view of the marina. It was our pleasure to host you and if you are coming back our way again, please come back and visit us!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nothing went as planned! I booked a King bed, but upon check in was NOT told all the King bed rms were full. Had to wait for 20 minutes after check-in in the lobby with a crying baby to get keys to a rm with Double beds. Toilet was completely broken, shower filthy, and I booked a Marina View, but was staring at the Parking Garage. I guess we were high enough up (8th floor) that I could see the marina, but I surely would not have paid anything additional for the rm I received. It was NYE and no one ever apologized or acted like they cared about the lack of concern for my reservation. THANKFULLY, I only lived 30-45 minutes away so I was able to lug all my things and child back down the elevator and go home. My boyfriend stayed in the hotel that night and said it took the staff 2 hours to address the broken toilet issue. When I was leaving the hotel I made it a point to stop at the front desk and let them know that I couldn't even stay in the room I paid for because double beds would not work (which is why I booked a King bed). Even in person, NO ONE cared that I was being put out and leaving the hotel to drive back home. I paid for a reservation that included breakfast and when my boyfriend checked out, they told him he did NOT get breakfast. He asked to speak with the manager and told them what a disappointment Crowne Plaza had been and the manager looked at the reservation and said "It says RIGHT HERE you have 2 free breakfasts". At least he got the breakfast I paid for. Never going to another Crowne Plaza again. I was so upset that no one ever tried to accommodate me or at least SINCERELY apologize that I will never forget that "stay". I have also waited 3 days to write this because I was so upset, yet I am still upset and would give NO STARS if I could.

Room Tip: No bath tubs in any rooms except suites. Call hotel directly to book if you require certain items.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rebecca C
Dear Rebecca C.,

I am sorry that your new year did not start off on a better note at our Crowne Plaza. My staff and I try to exceed the expectations of our guests on a daily basis. I do know that we were busy for New Year's Eve, but recognize that is not an excuse. I personally was working that night to support our staff and to be there for our guests. I am sorry that I was not informed of the problems you encountered so that I could have tried to correct them for you and your boyfriend. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.

Mount Vernon, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The first room that we arrived in was dirty. There was a dirty towel in the bathroom, the sheets had stains on them, and the drawers all had a lot of dust and hair in them. We got in late, so to go through the hassle of changing rooms wasn't pleasant. Thankfully the person at the front desk upgraded our room and put us on the top floor overlooking the marina, but the room still left a lot to be desired. It was clean though, so we kept it. The sofa had a rip in it, the shower handle wasn’t attached, so wobbled around when we tried to turn it on, there were stains on the wall from a water leak at the window, the carpet didn’t go all the way to the wall, there was a picture missing from the wall but the hooks were still in the wall. I could keep going, but I think that gives you the idea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank GotWingsWillTravel
Dear Got Wings:

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. It does sound like we feel a little short in your expectations. I truly apologize for the inconveniences that happened during your stay. My staff tries to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience while staying at our beautiful hotel on the marina. I hope that if you are in town again you would consider giving us another try.

Warm Regards,
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a wonderful night at this Crowne Plaza! I was there for a company function and we had a fantastic dinner in the ballroom. The food was supurb and the service top notch. My check in was efficient and quick, and the room and view were outstanding. I overlooked the marina and what a way to sit and have breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately, I had car issues, and the manager was gracious in allowing me a late check out until I could get the issue resolved. I'd definately recommend this hotel and will stay again when I'm in that area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Clifford,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our team at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for doing such a great job both with your overnight stay and the function you attended. I am sorry that your stay was too short but feel free to come back and visit us next time you are in the Hampton area.

Warm Regards,
Poquoson, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Manager was very accomodating after initial problem concerning room I had reserved for Class Reunion. I had specifically reserved this room, but upon checking in it was "not available". I was not pleased, being this reservation had been made months beforehand and would be near other classmates. HOWEVER, manager upgraded the room to a beautiful suite at no extra charge. The view was breathtaking. It was located on same floor as Class Reunion friends which all could enjoy. So all ended well. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: 2nd floor corner suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sonya W.,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that everything worked out well in the end for you and also your classmates since you were all able to spend more time together in your suite. I hope that the next time you are in the Hampton area, you come back to visit us again!