“Good Location, Great View, Friendly Bar”

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Crowne Plaza on the Hamption Marina while on the business trip. Comfortable hoteel with a reasonable rate. Nice room with lots of space, desk and very neat view of the Hampton Marina. The hotel bar has a nautical theme, well run and with a nuatical atmospher (big surprize given the location but very well done). Breaffast was included in my room package and was nice with a chaoice of buffet or you could order eggs as you like them. Again a great view of the harbor. Nice "put you at ease " hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Virginia Rambler:

Thank you for sharing such nice comments about your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast room package as it is very popular with our guests. I hope that you choose to come and visit us again in the near future!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are advantages to checking in late in the evening, as I was upgraded to a room with a marina view! It was lovely looking out to the water at night time and just as enjoyable with morning coffee. Free parking, very friendly staff, and a super comfortable bed made this a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with everything from the great view of our marina as well as our friendly staff. I hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We found this hotel to be very nice and convenient to the Hampton Coliseum. The staff was very friendly and helpful in informing us about local restaurants. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable!!!! I would love to see this hotel have an indoor pool to use all year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sheshe,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you and offer some great suggestions about Hampton. The coliseum does a whole variety of shows, so if you are ever back in the area for another show, hopefully you will visit with us again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The entire experience was nice. They check in was nice, the room was nice, the staff were nice, the parking was plentiful, the location was nice. It was very nice. We were on a floor that was marked no smoking, but we smelled smoke in the halls. Once we got inside the room - nice!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, the difference between the room with the view of the marina and a regular room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Necola,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina hotel. I am glad that you offered the tip of reserving a room with a view because the view is awesome! Personally, I enjoy having the marina right out our back door! It just makes for a great backdrop for our downtown area of Hampton!

If you are in the area again, I hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night w/ another couple. We arrived late(after 10pm) and asked if we could have a marina view room if any were available. We were told that they had some available but b/c we booked from a 3rd party site they could not let us stay in one. We travel quite a bit and understand that they could have upgraded us if they wanted to b/c it was so late. We did point this out but were still given a city view room. The lady at the front desk was pleasant but we knew from this experience the staff at this hotel were not going to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They were pleasant but that's all you get.

Room: The bed was hard and not that comfortable. The decor and room was dated. You can definitely see the wear and tear in the rooms. However, for one night it was fine.

I would stay here again if I was in the area but I would not pay full price for the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BriaNicole

Dear BriaNicole:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you shared your feedback about the check in experience. I have shared your feedback with our front office team in an effort to prevent this from happening again. We do try to offer updgrades when the hotel is not sold out simply to show our guests that we value them and appreciate them for staying with us.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent two nights here while visiting the city docks. close to virginia air and space which is worth seeing. nice town for walking. breakfast and dinner were great. staff friendly. would stay there again. bar was good also. sort of quiet off season.

Room Tip: marina view but cost a bit more
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Tom S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Hampton. I must agree that it is defintely quiet here in the off season and yet it does give you a chance to still explore and appreciate the history of our downtown Hampton area which features the Air & Space Center along with some great restaurants and quaint shops.

Please feel free to visit with us again on your next trip to Hampton.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were on a 2600 mile road trip from Missouri to the east coast. It was late in the day before we arrived at your Hotel to attempt to reserve a room. We always enjoy a hotel that is located near the water. Jaimee at the front desk was very helpful finding a vacancy at the last minute due to a cancellation. This resulted in an excellent experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

To Our East Coast Bound Traveler:

Thank you for taking the time to share your most positive experience at our beautiful Crowne Plaza oin the Marina. I too love traveling and staying at places on the water and the marina view is definitely gorgeous on nice sunny days! I hope that if you are ever back here in the Hampton area that you will visit with us again!

Safe travels as you continue on your east coast journey!