“Just Okay!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Greenville, North Carolina
“Just Okay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night w/ another couple. We arrived late(after 10pm) and asked if we could have a marina view room if any were available. We were told that they had some available but b/c we booked from a 3rd party site they could not let us stay in one. We travel quite a bit and understand that they could have upgraded us if they wanted to b/c it was so late. We did point this out but were still given a city view room. The lady at the front desk was pleasant but we knew from this experience the staff at this hotel were not going to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They were pleasant but that's all you get.

Room: The bed was hard and not that comfortable. The decor and room was dated. You can definitely see the wear and tear in the rooms. However, for one night it was fine.

I would stay here again if I was in the area but I would not pay full price for the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BriaNicole
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear BriaNicole:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you shared your feedback about the check in experience. I have shared your feedback with our front office team in an effort to prevent this from happening again. We do try to offer updgrades when the hotel is not sold out simply to show our guests that we value them and appreciate them for staying with us.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again in the near future!

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent two nights here while visiting the city docks. close to virginia air and space which is worth seeing. nice town for walking. breakfast and dinner were great. staff friendly. would stay there again. bar was good also. sort of quiet off season.

Room Tip: marina view but cost a bit more
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Tom S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Hampton. I must agree that it is defintely quiet here in the off season and yet it does give you a chance to still explore and appreciate the history of our downtown Hampton area which features the Air & Space Center along with some great restaurants and quaint shops.

Please feel free to visit with us again on your next trip to Hampton.

Lake Ozark, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were on a 2600 mile road trip from Missouri to the east coast. It was late in the day before we arrived at your Hotel to attempt to reserve a room. We always enjoy a hotel that is located near the water. Jaimee at the front desk was very helpful finding a vacancy at the last minute due to a cancellation. This resulted in an excellent experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
To Our East Coast Bound Traveler:

Thank you for taking the time to share your most positive experience at our beautiful Crowne Plaza oin the Marina. I too love traveling and staying at places on the water and the marina view is definitely gorgeous on nice sunny days! I hope that if you are ever back here in the Hampton area that you will visit with us again!

Safe travels as you continue on your east coast journey!

Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My son and daughter-inlaw were married there. The wedding was catered and decorated by the hotel. A the mother of the groom i had chance to stay in Plaza Suite which is the largest suite in the hotel. The hotel staff were exceptional. Ms. jamie House stayed in touch with me to assist me every need. What a sweet heart. Mr. Richard Martin was very cool and hospitable.
He made me feel at ease about my stay there. Thanks also to Ms. Cheesman for staying back late on Friday to accomodate me with the suite. Thank you desk clerks for your personal touch.
Ms. Marilyn Jones

Room Tip: The rooms were very elegent, clean and nice decor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Ms. Jones,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about your experience at our hotel. Your kind words about the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated! My staff commented to me about how much they enjoyed hosting your family and friends. Please keep us in mind for your next event that may be in the Hampton area. I wish your son and daughter -in-law a wonderful and happy marriage!

Warmest Regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I attended a reunion hosted by the hotel, and we totally enjoyed the stay. The catered food was very good and never-ending, and they were accommodating of our hospitality suite and meetings that ran over in the conference center.

The room was very nice and the bathroom was slightly dated but still above average amenities all the way around. The hotel is right next door to both the Virginia Air and Space Museum - surprisingly good given the smaller market (but there are lots of military in the area) - and right across the street from a renovated downtown area of shops and restaurants.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Pay the 20% premium for a marina view - it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear C & K:

I am very happy to hear that you will be back! It sounds like you were extremely pleased with your stay and event with us here at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina! Thank you for taking the time to share your gracious comments with us. My staff and I strive on a daily basis to meet or exceed the guests expectations and I am glad we succeeded during your stay.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza in Hampton,VA many times and it is always a quiet and relaxing stay with pleasant accommodations and a friendly staff. Each time I find myself in Hampton,VA I always know I'll find a warm welcome at the check in desk and a quiet room to rest up. When I unwind at Latitudes (their lobby bar) Amy, the bartender, will always have my gin & tonic ready for me, and that kind of personal service is why I keep coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Ivan:

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you choose to stay with us often. It sounds like we have succeeded at being your home away from home and we are truly grateful your loyalty.

I hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Carrollton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Love the bar atmosphere and it is one of my favorite bars to frequent. The service is always good (Thanks Laura) and it is always clean and welcoming. I've stayed in the hotel about a year ago and found the rooms lacking in some of the details (torn carpet) for the price, but overall found the accommodations adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank for being such a loyal guest of our Latitudes Lounge. Laura is definitely a strong team player for us and your kind words are much appreciated. Our staff genuinely enjoys having their names mentioned and recognized on trip advisor, so thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

I hope you have time to come a visit us (Laura) again!