“Have no fear, this place is fine!”
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is by no means the fanciest place I've ever stayed, but it's a low price motel within walking distance of the Hampton Coliseum. What do you expect? The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the people were nice, and the coffee was fresh. I'd go back, for sure!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maargvark

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stay 8/20-22. Nice rug and great air-conditioning. Very scarred furniture, stained upholstery, mildew around bathtub,dirty stairwells, shoddy door locks, gap around refrigerator seal, dirt window-finger/hand prints all over. Left room about 10:30 am on 8/ 21, assumed that it would be cleaned but rug wasn't vacuumed, trash not emptied, no linen change (left piece of paper on bottom sheet and it was still there), amenities not repladed and no towels/wash cloths left in the room. After returning to room after midnight and discovering no towels/wcs, called front desk and then had to walk down there and pick up the towels at about 1:30 a.m!! Corrective action re cleaning needs to be done (apparently an absentee supervisor if there is actually one at all!!). Apparently this is operated only as a cash cow... Would not under any circumstances recommend this place to anyone. This one stay has soured me on any Days Inn anywhere!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I have stayed here many times before while attending the Hampton Jazz Festival. I will never stay there again. Several of us had bed bugs in our rooms. I am eaten up all over and so is my boyfriend. The Manager would not come out to talk and sent someone from the sales office. They refused any of the patrons their money back and only offered other rooms which were also probably infected, Some people had to change rooms due to the filth. Some who had money to spare lost their money on the room and tried to find vacancies at other hotels. We had to miss the last day of concerts because we were eaten up and looked diseased and could not go to concert like that. Strange thing....we saw a truck of new mattresses arriving on Saturday...go figure. They knew they had an infestation and didn't do anything about it. I won't go quietly in the night like a bed bug though. I will pursue until someone takes responsibility for this! They should give us our money back, pay for the tickets I couldn't use and the doctor's visit I am heading to.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2010

If you're looking for a luxury stay, this isn't your hotel. The rooms were clean, clean sheets, good breakfast and the internet was super fast all times of the day. I was with my mom who has trouble walking, so the elevator really helped her out, since we were on the 3rd floor. Also, the swimming pool was crystal clear, there was a gentleman taking care of the pool regularly through out the day. The staff seemed to be very accommodating as well. For what I paid, i wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2010

This place needs to be bulldozed! I have stayed in a lot of hotels but this place was the nastiest I have ever been in! All of the reviews can't say enough-stay clear of this place!
I felt dirty when i left and could not wait to get home and take a shower. There was a condom on the bathroom floor. There was a guy passed out in the parking lot face down on the asphalt. The place smelled bad - real bad - when we left everything we had smelled of smoke. The health department needs to be notified along with the vice squad an immigration! DO NOT STAY HERE-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I was very pleased with my stay at the Days Inn in Hampton. It's important to say firstly that this is an older hotel, so don't expect top of the line bathroom fixtures or flat screen tvs. Instead you'll get a great, central location, knowledgeable staff and every amenity you need to conduct business away from home.

I saved a lot of money staying here and am so happy I chose the Days Inn. This hotel is surrounded by other hotels at a higher rate, but I doubt they would offer such personalized attention as the Days Inn. The staff assured me that they have been working very hard on making improvements and you can tell! I hope to be back again next year!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We arrived there by accident. We planned on going to a hotel in Norfolk but this location was perfect. It's near everything. The guy worked out a really cool deal for the 2 night stay. Everything was awesome until we got to the room on the backside of the hotel. There was a pungent smell of urine right outside the doorway. The windows were filthy. The non smoking room smelled like a crack house. Really, I've been in one before. So we switched rooms and the next room smelled the same. When we left the room to go swimming we noticed a guy walking a dog, someone was cooking on a grill. This spot is a ghetto neighborhood! Numerous rooms were rearranged to accomidate families. Dozens of people/ families live there. Walking by we saw numerous gatherings of urban folk. We are urban as well but those men made my wife uneasy. In the middle of the night there was loud music. My wife cut on the light and there were roaches and other weird bugs on the walls. We cut our visit short and checked out early and the guy at the desk acted like he couldn't refund me. After a few minutes he "somehow" got us our money back. We ended up at the super 8 arount the corner. The difference was night and day.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family