“I stayed there last year during the same time frame on...”
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Amelia, Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This is not a nice place to stay, but what can you expect for $60ish a night? The room was clean but dated. Tube tv's that were manufactured well before hd was thought of. The beds were good enough, as was the breakfast. I probably won't be back, but you really can't beat the price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Flydug,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations for hotel accommodations. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the value, bed, and breakfast. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Reserved a king, ended up with 2 double beds, they said since we arrived at 6PM they gave our room away. Our flight arrived at 4:30, picked up the car and traffic..no King room. The doubles were all they had left, we booked the room over 4 months earlier! We had no toilet papers in a supposed clean room at check-in. I had go get it myself from the front desk after calling and waiting over an hour. Found a hair tie on the bathroom door knob left by housekeeping on the second day. We had brought back some leftovers from a local restaurant and decided to have them for lunch the following day. We opened the microwave there was spillage and napkins from another guest!!! It had never been cleaned. The outlet by the bathroom for the hairdryer, I plugged my curling iron into it and noticed it would not stay hot....reason...it kept falling out of the outlet! My husband looked at the outlet and noticed the outlet was wore out. It would hardly hold the plug for the hairdryer. We have never stayed in a room like this. I told the staff about this issues, was told it would be reported....nothing was done. I went and got the toilet paper, I cleaned the microwave, I threw away the hair tie, half the time the staff would not even put the trash bags in the trash cans. I drew the line on that! Even during breakfast we observed the staff sitting down eating with the guests. If we could have found another hotel we would have left.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michele L,

Thank you for your review. We were disappointed that you did not have an exceptional stay which is what we strive to provide for all of our guests. I apologize that you did not find your room to be cleaned to your satisfaction and we will address it with our housekeeping team. I would also like to apologize that you were not given the room type that you requested. I believe on that particular day something needed to be fixed in the smoking king, but the front desk staff should have called you and given you other options. If you have any additional questions or comments please feel free to send me an email at daysinn_sales@hotmail.com. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance in the future!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Wanda and Dejah were great in the breakfast room making sure everything was well stocked and both had super personalities. Lamonica was friendly and helpful at check in and check out.
We stayed on the front side of the motel which is much better and the pool was very clean and neat.

Karen and Richard Young

Room Tip: Front rooms are quieter. Nice pool view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen Y,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn Hampton. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating and we will share your compliments with them. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon for your next visit to Hampton, Virginia!

Sincerley,
Hereford
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Overall stay was satisfactory, however the room access balconies and stairwells are filthy and smelly. There was no TV remote in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experince with us. I want to apologize about the appearance of our stairwells and balconies. I also want to apologize about the remote situation in the room. I will be sure to address these issues with our maintence and groundsmen to ensure that these issues are taken care of.