“Balconies & stairwells”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Hereford
“Balconies & stairwells”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Overall stay was satisfactory, however the room access balconies and stairwells are filthy and smelly. There was no TV remote in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experince with us. I want to apologize about the appearance of our stairwells and balconies. I also want to apologize about the remote situation in the room. I will be sure to address these issues with our maintence and groundsmen to ensure that these issues are taken care of.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay the night, this one is OK. I wouldn't recommend it as a home base for a vacation. Too dumpy. Rooms are small especially the bathroom and the whole place is in the need for a major refurbishing along with the furniture. I can't believe they still have a TUBE TV in the room. Staff was pleasant and breakfast was varied and OK also. Like I said, a one night stay is about all one can stand maybe two nights at the most.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank for taking the time to post feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that the staff and breakfast were satisfactory to your stay. I apologize that you did not enjoy the space in the rooms or the TV quality. We are making improvements to our hotel daily.Again thank you for your review and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Weekend Jazz Festival in town (June 27 - 29) and it was the only place available with rooms. I know why now. Yes, staff was pleasant. But I am attaching a picture of the curtains from inside of my room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have an exceptional stay with us. We will work harder in our efforts to improve the hotel to make sure that every guest has a satisfactoy stay. We again thank you for your review and hope the you will give us a second chance in the future.
Aurora
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I book 6 nights was there on business. I'm not complaining about the trash, beer cans etc in parking lot and side walks.. that goes with a 2 star/cheap room. My complaint is that 4 of the 6 nights their were fights in the parking lots, people beating on doors trying to get in at 1:30am, one night the cops showed up because of a fight and 1 night someone beats on my door at 2 am looking for some else to fight. I'm an adult male and I felt a little intimidated, I am so glad my wife and children weren't with me, I would have feared for they're safety. This is the 1st bad review I have ever gave and I travel approx. 7 to 10 days a month staying at motels all over the country. I want the word out about this place. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Billy O
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are so sorry for your inconvenience and the issues that occured during your stay. We are continuously striving to make sure that every guest is allowed a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable stay. Based on your review, we will work harder to make sure that this happens. Thank you again for your time and we hope you give us another chance in the future.
Bel Alton, Maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Frist of all the web site pitcure is not correct. The front desk staff was ruined , and when we got to our room the bed was not keep propely, the furniture was old and out dated and the tv pitcure was not good. The dresser was broken. The room had a smell, and the drive way had pot holes.I would not stay here every. !!!!!!!! Would not recordmend this hotel to anyone.
We were so disapointment we left a day early.

Room Tip: Don't belive what you see on the website.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. We want to apologize and show our concern that you did not have an expectional stay which is what we strive to provide for all of our guest. We would like you to know that the issues outlined in your review will be taken into high concern and address immediately. Thank you for your time and we hope that you give us a second chance in the future.