“Big Improvement”
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn in Hampton, Virginiia during the first week in June 2014 and were presently surprised at the improvements. The carpet was new; the bathroom had been updated, the matress was practically new, and the room had a fresh smell. The rough towels and washcloths, as well as the old TVs (no flatscreen) are still there, however. The TV didn't matter, as we were rarely in the room. The only really horrible thing was the free (?) breakfast with its fake egg substitute, fake tasing sausage; watered down orange juice and stale bread (raisin bread, especially). Since I am not a breakfast lover anyway, I skipped most of the offerings, except the juice, after the first day. My husband managed to eat his "mess" each day. lol The room was cleaned satisfactory each day. Also, the front desk staff was pleasant, an improvement from June 2013. Since I had waited until the last minute to reserve a room for the conference, this was the only hotel that I could find with vacancies. All in all, this was a definite improvement from our stay on the previous year.

Room Tip: Our third floor room was a big improvement and less noisy than the first floor room that we had in 2...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Maxcinesc

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The staff was great. However, the hotel is still in much needed updates and renovations. The front facing rooms were nicer and updated. We were on the backside of the property so, the rooms were not so nice. However, I must say it was cleaned very well given the circumstances.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

1  Thank Shauna W
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This room served its purpose but I won't stay here again. We needed a room for one night for a gymnastics meet. There are other hotels in the area but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I've had pretty good luck with Days Inn in the past. This place was supposed to be renovated recently but perhaps I miss read that. We had a really late arrival. Probably good because I would have questioned my need to stay there if my kids and I weren't so tired. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean but there wasn't a lot of thought to the proper care of the room. The door was very scratched. The bathroom door didn't close all the way. The fan made a loud sound. I reserved a room with two double beds and got a king. The breakfast was truly the continental breakfast from days past. Very simple. and not that tasty. The front desk called me at 130am to tell me they entered my credit card wrong and needed a new number. I would think that would wait until the next morning. I just wasn't comfortable in this room. All the little things just gave me a bad impression. It was a room. It was relatively clean, it was cheap. I don't require a lot in a room but this was not a place I will return to next year.