“Poor”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Hampton
“Poor”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stay in a lot of hotels because my daughter is on a travel softball and volleyball team. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was helpfull and efficient but I don't think this hotel had been updated since Ronald Reagan was in office. Outside was dirty and local homeless people hung out in the hall way. Hair dryer didn't work and they had no extras. Never again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Doyle H,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are sorry for all of the inconveniences you may have encountered during your time with us. We have recently changed a few things in some rooms and are continuing to update more. The hairdryer in your room should have been replaced, I will be sure to share this comment with the members of our maintenance team. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your satisfaction is very important to us. We were pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and efficient, we will be sure to pass these nice comments along also. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Deer Park, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was there as part of a large group of parents, and kids for a basketball tournament. This is the absolute worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune of visiting.The rooms are dreary, dingy, smelly, old, and disgusting. The drawers were hanging off the hinges of a wardrobe/tv stand; the microwave was old and dingy. I was afraid to put my food in it. The safe in the room was missing the lock all together, and it was so filthy in there, that I would've preferred to hide my valuables in the garbage. The mattresses are horrible. I woke up with terrible back and hip pain, and I'm in my 30's, so age can't be blamed. While in the parking lot with my kids, and the rest of a youth basketball team, a man stood on the back of his pick-up truck and pulled down his pants to shake his bare bottom to guests on the 3rd floor balcony. Tasteless!! When I went to management with my complaints, I was told that there was nothing to be done. The manager didn't even bother to address me in person, she just sat on her butt in the office, and spoke to me through the front end staff. I left a day early because I couldn't stand to be there another day. Spare yourselves!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Jane F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and we are very sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We will be sure to share your comments our team members. I would like to know when you came to the front desk to speak to management and who did you speak with. If you would like to provide any more information or further discuss your experience please contact me at daysinn_sales@hotmail.com. Thank you again for your feedback which we will use to improve our service.

Hotel Management