“Will NEVER book at a Days Inn” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Pittsburgh, PA
“Will NEVER book at a Days Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

I'll start with the positive first. The only good thing that I can say about this hotel is the person that checked us in was very kind and went over and above to right the company's error in booking. We booked a King bed, but when we arrived were told they only offered Double beds. Imagine our eyes and frustration traveling with our little girl. The sad thing is that the only person to apologize was the new guy who just started working there the day we checked in. My husband asked if they had any suites or anything that may have a Queen bed and possibly a cot, and the manager said no larger beds, they had a cot but it would be $10. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. So, nevertheless, we are definately going to complain regardless of the fact that these hotels are individually owned.
It was very hot when we arrived, our room was on the 3rd floor and the key did not work so we went back down to the desk and they had to switch us to another room telling us the 2nd bed "looked" bigger than the one in the original room. Not sure what that meant. You cannot shut the bathroom door without stepping almost into the tub first so it it very tiny. There was some type of dried fluid on the walls, look like dried blood/mucus, whatever it was looked NASTY.
The next morning went down to the breakfast where the continental breakfast police woman stood right beside me staring at me while I made my waffle. When I asked her what the problem was, she said "you sit here and eat, you can't take any food to your room." Now, this is without any prior conversation with her about taking any food anywhere. Made me a little eerie, so I decided to buck the system and not eat there. Who wants to eat breakfast with a crazy woman staring at you and YES, I took my waffle with me. At that point, I dared anyone to say anything else to me. All she did was look at me with that crazy look that she started out with.
This hotel has people that live here--as in this is their home and they do not appear to be professionals. I would definately not have felt comfortable if my husband were not traveling with me. So, if you decide to bite the bullet, please be careful.
We booked a really nice room right across the road at the Courtyard Marriott (nice pool, whirlpool, cookies and a smile upon check in).
In closing, Days Inn used to be a place I could depend on for a decent clean room at a good value. I understand you get what you pay for, but I didn't even get that here which is why we've completed erased this hotel chain from our list of options going forward.

• Liked — The customer service skills of the person that originally checked us in.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jewcpink

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Moneta, Va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

This is one of the few motels in Hampton that has a pool and is under $100 on a weekend during the busy summer months. You can negotiate a weekly rate if there isn't a special event going on. During the week there were construction crews staying at the motel, but they were quiet. I was awakened several mornings before sunrise by a truck emptying garbage dumpsters. The operator seemed to make as much noise as possible.The woman who tends the breakfast area seems to be there more to enforce strict rules, than to provide assistance or refill food. The staff was not overly friendly. The safe in my room was broken and at checkout I asked for a refund of the daily charge for that.
The clerk reviewed my account and I was undercharged two nights, as a concession for the safe, he left my account as it was. I came out ahead.

• Liked — Price and has nice pool
  • Disliked — emptying dumpsters outside my room before sunrise
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
Columbus OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2007

Do not expect too much of this motel. Be prepared for a major headache upon arrival, as you will not be able to open the room doors - guaranteed! In fact, their lock system is so broken that they need to send up a maintenance person whenever someone checks in... The matresses were cheap, the beds squeaky, and the shower tub has seen better days. It was ok for a one-night stay, but I would not recommend this place for anything more than that.

• Liked — Free continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Quality of room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

This hotel is the WORST hotel I have EVER stayed in. It is FILTHY, it seems to be located next to the projects and there was pretty much nothing available for the breakfast. Do not stay here, it is awful.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Neighborhood
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank dupont_cs
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2006

My family and I enjoyed our stay at Days Inn Hampton. The front desk staff were very nice and atentive to my requests. The entire staff made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Both of our rooms were clean and the showers hot. The continental breakfast was outstanding. My children enjoyed the fresh hot waffles. We will definetly stay at this above average Days Inn when we return to this location.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — exterior property
  • Tips/Secrets — make reservation
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2006

Days Inn in Hampton, VA, at first glance, was an expensive hotel. Water fountains in the lobby, a meeting room, breakfast room, the people at the frontdesk were friendly and cheerfull. The outside of the property was beautifully landscaped and clean. The rooms were clean and spacious, and included a micro-fridge, (which can really cut back on going out to eat). The housekeepers come every morning to clean your room, and they are courteous, giving you towels, soap, whatever you want. You can really have a $100. stay for under $100. here. The location is convenient to food, shopping and entertainment, but is a quiet and peacefull stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff and free breakfast
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Rutledge05
Indianapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2006

Please don't stay here unless you want your car towed!

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. Even though we had a permit pass in the dash of our vehicle and submitted our plate number with the motel registration. We returned late one evening to find my friends car gone! Days Inn towed our vehicle and the front desk offered no help in finding the vehicle. We were paying customers! We had to take a cab into a dark scetchy area of town to retrieve it. The cab driver refused to leave us there alone. We spent $175 to get our car back, and didn't return to the hotel until 3 am. Days Inn refused to compensate us for the towing costs or for any of our troubles.

Also, showers were cold, and we had constant trouble with the door locks.

After this experience, I avoid Days Inn at all cost.

• Liked — Days Inn Hampton is in close proximity to Hamptom Coliseum.
  • Disliked — Days Inn Hampton has the worst customer service that I have ever delt with.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay at Days Inn Hampton. They'll try to scam you!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends