“Not BAD”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Prince George
“Not BAD”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

After reading all the reviews for this hotel, I was suprised!! This hotel really is not as bad as what the reviews say. It is old, but was clean and perfect location for what I needed. For the price that I paid, I slept just fine. So from someone that travels alot for buiness, I would recommend this hotel with no problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Scott J,

We were delighted to hear you had a great stay with us at the Days Inn in Hampton, Virginia. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our location and rates. We appreciate your recommendations and good comments. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Hampton, Virginia.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Portage
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been a guest at Days Inns across America for years. Never before have I had as many problems with Days Inn as I had during my stay with the Days Inn Hampton. For starters, my reservation was incorrect. I made my reservation for 9 rooms for a total of four nights in September 2012. My reservation was entered in the system incorrectly. Once I called Days Inn to make the correction. I was told I would have to pay an additional $45.00 per room for the final night of the reservation! I was forwarded to ”Customer Service” where I was told nothing could be done and I had to either pay the increased amount of find another place to stay! After I complained for three weeks leading in to my groups travel, the reservation was corrected. The next problem I had with this hotel is once we arrived our rooms were not correct. There were duplicate reservations in their system so I was being charged for additional room nights and I had to verbally become aggressive to have the matter corrected with the manager on the second day of my hotel stay! The next problem I had was there were duplicate reservations in the computer system; I was charged for the duplicate reservations. I am currently still fighting with the Days Inn Hampton about the mistake and over charge of my credit card. The third issue I had with this stay is the price quoted and confirmed during my reserving the rooms was not honored upon check in! I had to prove to the manager and front desk workers that the rate were being charged was not in line with and did not match the rates I was given upon making the reservation in 2012. I was forced to retrieve my confirmation email and present it to the manager and front desk worker before the rate was changed and honored by the hotel! Completely, unacceptable and unprofessional to attempt to change the rate for guest upon check in! I have never had these types of issues with hotels or interactions with staff!
The hotel staff and the management were unprofessional. There is no reason why I should have had to address the issues with the reservation, duplicate, reservations, incorrect rooms, over charging my personal credit card, and incorrect room rates a total of 4 times in four days during my stay. I have never had this many problems and issues while staying in any hotel. I am seriously considering never staying at another Days Inn Hotel moving forward.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Freeland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2013

BEWARE!!!! This hotel is independently owned and the positive reviews can't be from actually customers but from employees because customer service is beyond horrible. No real traveler would rate customer service good.
From the website and reviews we decided that the Days Inn look like a good place to lay our heads for the night. Check in was an ease and during it I was asked for my telephone number in case they needed to get in touch with me. Sounded reasonable.
After checking in we ate at the Irish Pub next to the hotel which was amazing and the service extremely attentive. However, during dinner I received not 1, not 2, but 3 phone calls all from the same Virginia number (703) 859-9545 telling me I won a trip. When I declined they called back and told me I also won $250,000 and I hung up. The person called back and yelled out me for hanging up on him. Thinking it was odd I asked if anyone in my family gave their number to the front desk and no one else was asked. So after dinner I went to the front desk to inquire if they possible "sell" numbers to telemarketers and the lady who I later found out to be the manager stated that I had booked my reservation on line and they are not responsible for selling my number. They openly admitted they do however I didn't book the reservation online, my sister-in-law did, and she did it over the phone.
Annoying but it was the first day of my vacation so I decided to let it go and enjoy the pool, which was really clean and well, taken care of. After the pool it was around 8:30pm I went to take a shower and rest up for our early morning departure and come to find out our hot water faucet just spun and no hot water came out. It was 90 degrees out so taking a cold shower wasn't the end of the world but I called the front desk to tell them about it. They offered to send someone up to fix it but I informed them it was late and instead of having someone in my room while I wanted to go to bed just have them take note of it so it could be fixed for the next person. The lady on the phone, who was the manager, was rude and said they if I didn't want it fixed I shouldn't have called to complain about it and she was trying to fix the problem but I refused. In fact I was being nice and not making a big deal about it.
After hanging up I realized I forgot something in my car and when I opened my room door I saw something being throw from the balcony above us towards the man cleaning pool as he was leaving and entering the parking lot. Turns out teenage kids who were in the room above us were hurling glass bottles into the parking lot. The cleaning man seeing I was visible taken back asked if I was ok and got hit. He said he would have a manager come to my room. Five minutes later the same manager came to my room with an attitude as if I was the one causing trouble. She asked if I wanted to leave my room I could go to another hotel. What???? How about have the people causing trouble be told if they don't stop because they are disturbing guest they would have to leave. Not wanting to leave at 9:30 at night to another hotel we stayed but all night the people above us were fighting, screaming, and yelling.
So I barely slept and when I went to pack up my car early in the morning the parking lot in front of my room was littered with broken glass. Afraid my car tire would be punctured I asked the man at the front desk if he could have someone clean it up so I could move my car and he said no and I'd have to wait until 10am for someone to come in. Luckily the woman working the breakfast station offered to help us. Wanda was her name and she is an amazing employee that went above and beyond to help us. When I called the hotel later to speak to the General Manager I was told she would not be in and couldn’t tell me when the next day she would be in. Upon hearing that I told them I would call corporate and the same manager who I had dealt with my entire trip chuckled and said you do that and hung up on me.

Room Tip: Majority of the rooms have doors kicked in, curtains shredded, holes that were in the walls and patc...