Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Toms River, New Jersey
“Good Stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

They were accomadating friendly courteous and very clean room. I only stayed for a night on an emergency basis and was very happy with my stay.
It was very convienant and easy location. booking was easy. and it was great to have a waffle house next door . im from jersey so I was excited to be near an abundance of southerin cooking spots

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My mother-in-law and I decided to switch hotels half-way through our trip in Virginia. The first hotel was a nightmare but thankfully Holiday Inn Express in Hampton, VA made up for it. The hotel was perfect. The room was spacious and very clean. Clean refrigerator, clean carpet, clean bathroom floor, -all hard surfaces were clean. Our beds were very comfortable and there was no outside noise so we had a great night's sleep. We only stayed one night but we went swimming in the pool down stairs- very clean! The breakfast in the morning was amazing with an awesome variety to choose from: make your own waffles or pancakes, oatmeal, omelets, bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal- I'm sure I'm missing something. We had a great experience here and I'm positive we will stay at Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank x0x0rachel
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a basketball tournament with 7 13 year old boys and another team mom. The rooms were the perfect size and breakfast was awesome. DARRYL PAGE, the front office personnel was both friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be trying to get into the hotel when travelling from the main road.
Other than that, I give this hotel 2 thumbs and recommend it to any traveler, especially those with a group!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The service was very good and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good. My room was clean and the bed was comfy. I would definitely stay again. Hard to find hotels like this for a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Initially, we planned on staying Friday - Sunday for a college event at Hampton University, but traffic from the DC area was crazy, no surprise, and came in on Saturday. Changing my arrival day was no problem, check in was a breeze, Harmony at the front desk was more than helpful with the process. My daughter had to print off a lot of scholarship info, and Harmony again went above and beyond to help out. The lobby, elevators, hallways and most importantly ROOMS were clean. The next morning, breakfast was great..Ms Donna was extremely helpful & shared great stories about her time at Hampton U with my daughter & I...fantastic customer/guest service!! The staff was great from beginning to end, I'm confident we'll be staying here during my daughters upcoming four years at Hampton University!! The location is convenient to many restaurants even a Target!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank love2travel0801
Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we were attending an event at the nearby convention center. The location is very convenient to I-64, the Coliseum and the convention center and there are numerous eating establishments nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was very cold and windy during our stay. I noticed that after the heat in my room turned off I could feel a cold breeze. There was a significant gap visible between the heating/cooling unit and the wall. The windows are dated and cold air was seeping in. Although the furniture and bedding in my room were in good shape, it was clear that the building is in need of updating.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. We all loved the pancake machine which made fresh pancakes at the push of a button. My only complaint is that the coffee was weaker than I like.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Go_pgh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and found our staff to be friendly. We would like to apologize for the room accommodations you had did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize the coffee we offer in our breakfast area was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for business at this last minute after the original hotel we had booked was not good. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and was able to fit myself and my 3 co-workers into rooms. The hotel is 100% smoke free which is a plus for me. Hotel was clean and most things seemed very new. Breakfast included was a nice add on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business